Help ! Rebound acidity and PPI

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have been using Nexium for 2 months for acid reflux and my doctor recommended tapering off the drug so I don't have sudden acid reflux. I now take Nexium once every 2 days, but on the days when I don't take it - I still have acid feeling in my stomach. It does not come back up to my esophagus , but I feel a burning in my stomach. Has anyone else experienced this too? Help !

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like acid rebound. Try some milk in the days you are off PPIs so long as you can take milk or try OTC H2 blockers.

• Posted

you need a liquorice root supplement and you have to watch your diet. also its grat idea to take some digestive enzyms which will help you to break down food there for the food you eat easy on your stomach and then your stomach wont make too much acid to break down food.

note : milk is only helps 30 mins then stomach produce even more acid to brake down the fats in milk . so milk is no no .

• Posted

I find that milk works for much longer than 30 minutes and my stomach doesn't produce extra acid to digest milk fats. My grandad who was a GP cured his stomach ulcer by drinking lots of milk. There is no one size fits all with acid reflux remedies. Everyone is different. For me, it's better to try a remedy first to find out how you react to it. Going by research articles alone is unreliable because it gives only general findings. It doesn't take into account individual reactions to health remedies. It's always going to be the case that what works for one person will not necessarily work foe another. Milk is not always a no no.

• Posted

i am sorry mate science doesn't agree with your granddad , milk doesn't cure any gastritis or acid. slightly alkalize it but thats all

• Posted

For some reason it has worked for me, my grandad and my dad despite the science. Science doesn't account for the fact that we are all different. Funny though that it worked for my grandad who was man of science himself as a GP.There must be some benefit in it if it had worked for all three of us. Research can be flawed and is not always trustworthy,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.