Help recovering opiate addict with intense migraines

Posted , 4 users are following.

Looking for help, I have been in Subutex programme for over a year now I'm on 2mg a day and staying strong against codiene but lately I have mind splitting migraines ! I've had eyes checked six months ago and have glasses and rechecked with these headaches started all fine on that. But I can't get away from these headaches I'm dizzy ears are ringing and I'm reluctant to head to doctor for the "junkie" look of searching of pain pills but I can't stand it anymore !! Anyone had something similar and had any luck with actual help ???? X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think subutex can give you headaches.

I am too detoxing using subutex for a codeine addiction.

I've just started an antidepressant that has given me a headache since I started it. 11 days constant now. Horrible not being able to take decent painkillers!! GP says just have to stick with it. I've got such bad nausea I can't eat.

Out of interest have you found since being on the sub you want more sweet/junk food?

Sue

• Posted

Hi nic I came off opiates cold turkey and suffered headaches like you for around 2 months after . I know it's difficult. But black coffee worked for me , it just took the edge off. Belive me taking more pills is not the answer. You ever need to talk drop us a message hope you get on in your journey .
  • Posted

I was on codeine for years for chronic migraines headaches every single day and tried every thing available ..triptans .amitriptyline topirimate and so on..suffered rebound headaches but had no choice but to take I wouldnt say i was addicted to them but eventually I managed to stop using them ..eventually had severe back proplem and other health conditions and had to use oramorph and dihydracodeine for a few months and stopped as they didnt sem to work anymore ..no one warned me about opiate withdrawal and it lasted for a month being in bed ..however i am now about to have my 3rd treatment of botox 31 needles every 14 weeks ..and i kid you not i can go gor days without a headache of any kind and very slight migraines a few times a month..i was hesitant at first about botox but after 40years of suffering enough was enough..im sat watching tv while replying to you without a mask covering my eyes and not a pain killer in sight i have begun a new lease of life ..started a new job my family life has improved greatly as I'm no longer confined to bed for days..if you've tried everything else get your Gp To refer you to a Neurologist again and look into botox ..You will never look back.when I think of all the wasted years of being ill to my life today ..I hope this helps it may not be right for everyone but I'm impressed ..best wishes
  • Posted

I noticed some one said black coffee..I hate coffee and there are about 80+ good stuffs I can't touch but if you haven't been told you need to switch to decade tea coffee soda drinks and the one that amuses me most is drink tap water not bottled water..however occassionally I do take a 5mg diazepam which I feel helps cope with the headaches..my Gp disagrees but prescribed as they work for me.
  • Posted

Sorry my phone is terrible switch to decaf drinks and 80+ food stuffs that trigger mine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.