Help! Rectocele Repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a little over 4 weeks post OP from a hysterectomy and unexpected rectocele repair. I can't find any info online and I'm stressing a little. I'm only 36 and sex is a big deal for my husband and I. so here is my issue: I feel like a tampon is in me but pulled down low. When I look my vaginal opening is small, almost too small, and there is a ball of tissue at the opening and a huge clump is tissue just inside. It doesnt look like any of the extra tissue was cut out, just all bunched up and stitched together. Anyone else? I have my follow up tomorrow but am terrified that it may have been botched. Help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI

I had the same op last June. You will still be very swollen after only 4 weeks so i wouldnt worry to much.

This op can make you a lot smaller inside and you may need dilators to help stretch everything inside but you wont know that for a while yet.

The fullness/ low dragging feeling you are describing is swelling. I had that for a long time. I was off work for 12 weeks and didnt start to feel myself until at least 10 weeks pre op.

Good luck tomorrow and just ask lots of questions.

I am happy to answer anymore questions you may have. 😃

• Posted

So my doctor reassured me that everything was fine and still swollen. I just lost the first stitch today. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. I felt a lot of heaviness down there today and when I had a look while sitting on the toliet saw a bulge. more of one than before surgery. is this normal? Should I call the doctor? I know he already thinks I'm a bit crazy...

• Posted

Hi

If your concerned then yes go and see your doctor. It is a big op that you have had and i don't think people realise how long the recovery time is as there is not a lot of information on these operations. I got very little from my consultant and got the majority of my advice from this site. I was 45 when i had my op done but it still wiped me out.

It could just still be the swelling as i used to get that heaviness feeling alot.

Hope things start improving for you soon and rest as much as you can.

• Posted

hi hun

I wouldnt even go looming down there yet for many months to come.

what you see now wont be the same in a few months time. swelling takes months to subside. you have had 2 major ops in one so yiu will feel a lot of pressur

please go easy on yourself. yiur poor body has been pushed ,pulled ,cut and stitched. you must never lift heavy items ever and never strain to poo either.this will definitly cause issues with repair.

try and rest as much as and see yiur surgeon if worried.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.