Help required!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is the best option to talk to my GP? I am running low on the tablets now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes,

The best option is to talk to them... And just be honest... I will say if you are taking more then one they may only give you one a day if they do prescribe you any, but it's better then nothing... 

I'm lucky as I have a really supportive GP... In the last year or so I've gone from 4-5 a night to just 1/2 a tablet (3.75mg) and I'm feeling so much better for it.... I have another week before I start the hardest phase of going down to 1/4 of a tablet a night every 4 weeks... I'm also working closely with a support group called talking therapies and the drugs and alcohol team.... 

I'm really looking forward to getting off these bloody things..... They have had a hold on me for the last 7years of my life.... I just hope they haven't done too much damage. 

Time to wake up from the Zopiclone haze that has been clouding you life and take it by the balls 

• Posted

Well the best thing is to talk to your doc and explain exactly how many you take/need.

Alas they are not all helpful. I asked mine for a crossover to diazepam but he refused. Basically he is doing nothing and just prescribing me enough for 4/day every 2 weeks. Does he care...? no, he would rather not have the problem and drive home in his BMW every night and forget his patients.

• Posted

Your GP is indeed dangerous to me.

The maximum dose is,15mg a day.

You are over dosing every day.

Diazepam is the way forward to get off these drugs

Is there another partner in the practice you could seek help from. This Dr is doing nothing for you. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.