Help required please

Posted , 4 users are following.

My dizziness seems to have slowed down a fair bit now but I am now having issues focusing on things. Has anyone got any top tips on this ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Keith how long have you had it for ?  Read the post on here ,many have this visual problem  Look for Dizzy Darren ,we've all had this and eye test have proven its not the eyes or eye pressure involved ,I've had 4 eye test ,every time been told eyes are fine ,never needed a strong perception ,optician says its ears and tinnitus I have doing it .my last eye test I had done at home due to the balance and anxiety I have going .Lots have neck ache ha e you got this going on ,I think the neck has a part in all this .Rotten condition hey 
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

It started about 9 weeks ago now I haven't had complete room spin but have felt really wonky.Had a few visits to A&E over the past month! My systoms are changing which I think is a bit weird.i very rarely get dizzy just focus and I seem to get very weak legs.

It's so scary I just want to get back to normal

• Posted

Hi Keith,

I'm sorry for what you are going through and can understand what an impact it can have on you. I was dxed with a middle ear infection when I first developed these symptoms and yes the room was literally turning upside down. The hospital gave me gravol which settled it down considerably. Every so often I still experience it but not to the same degree. I was never asked about my previous neck injury though so for me I always assumed it was the middle ear. I really hope that you find some answers and yes every so often I do feel a little foggy but I'm sorry I don't have anything substantial to offer that would be helpful with that.

• Posted

Can I ask how did you know it was middle ear? I have spoken to doc so many times however he has never mentioned this to me?
  • Posted

Nystagmus accompanies Vestibular Neuritis. If you are at 9 weeks and the dizziness is getting better the nystagmus will also. Nystagmus is caused by the difference in signals from the inner ear and the eyes. Same thing happens with a caloric test when cold air/water is pumped into the ear canal. Any doctor should be able to check you for nystagmus. It is a simple process of moving the finger from a center point to either side and watching the eyes to see if the stabalize at the fartherest point. Look up gaze stabilization exercises on Youtube. One exercise is placing and X on a wall and having the eyes about 18 inches from the X and then moving the head left to right as fast as you can without losing focus of the X. Then doing it moving the head up and down and not losing focus. This will improve it if it is nystagmus. Only do each for 1 minute and rest 1 minute between them. Start out SLOWLY. Vestibular Neuritis, if that is what you have, usually takes 2 to 3 months to resolve.
  • Posted

Hi Keith,

The Dr. I saw did a few tests to rule out other things out first. In my case it started off as a viral infection and so they were only able to treat the symptoms with gravol.

• Posted

Whoops I wrote out one too many times. Sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.