Help! Sertraline side effects :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having a bad time lately with anxiety which I have suffered with for a while but have managed to control it until now. I have health anxiety where I constantly think I am dying or something is wrong with me if I start having a bad head or any random pains. I went to the doctors on Monday and he has prescribed me 50mg sertraline, so I have took one every day including Monday when I got them, Tuesday I felt ok but yesterday and today have been worse. Constant feeling of panic, weird sensation in my chest (I can't describe it), headaches, can't sleep, nauseous...

Has anyone else had these side effects? I know it's really early in taking them but i have 2 children who depend on me and feel like I'm never going to get better.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It gets better, I've taken it once before and I'm on week 3 of my current cycle with it. It makes anxiety a lot worse before it's better. If you want, ask your doctor for some Xanax or Ativan to help you with the adjustment. You're totally safe and solid.

• Posted

What will the xanax do? I just hate this feelin. Wishing I could fast forward a few weeks to hopefully feeling better. I'm only 27 and feel like my life is a mess sad

• Posted

I feel you, I'm 18. I'm dealing with this as I try to handle college. Xanax will calm you down, help you not worry, and help you sleep. It or something similar to it is commonly prescribed short term when people start antidepressants or are struggling with severe anxiety. If you're going to ask for a benzo(Xanax and the like) I would ask for Ativan. It's the same thing, but it's more subtle and less of a physical effect and just calms you down. Xanax lays you out the first you few times you take it

• Posted

Thank you. I'll call the doctors tomorrow. It's an awful situation to be in. The mind is such a powerful thing. Hope you feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.