Help - shot nerves ..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently had a terrible time. Had an awful lot of stress at work for the last 3 months money worries etc. I'm pretty sure I've had a breakdown but I have decided not to take the medication route. My nerves are certainly frazzled and all friends and family have noticed partly the hardest bit now is not being able to be myself, I actually find it hard to rememeber how I used to behave before. I've come to the conclusion I need to get a grip and sort myself out, any advice? I know I need to start eating again properly and hope my sleep improves as I believe that will aid my well being but shy other natural tips to shake off the anxiety, looking back, last thinking?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Paul.. your post feels heartfelt to me. I want you to know that there are times when a lot of us feel this kind of dispair. If that helps or not.. I cannot say; but it leaves a window open to possible solutions.

You are enough in tune with yourself to reach out! (Try not to be cynical with that)

Grab one thing - just one thing that is not emotional as such - it could be a stone, a ball.. whatever... just grab something unrelated and feel it. Write down what you feel - for you only.

Then go to bed it with it being underneath your pillow. .

• Posted

Never heard of that before Tancam,  but what a great idea.  x
  • Posted

hi paul i know how you fill as this week i have had a very bad time with my depression my head felt like it was on fire i was going mad so the police came and arresed me and took me to mason ward but the mental health doctors told me i could go home the next day but i still dont fill right at all i am on diapan

• Posted

Hi Paul,

It's good that you have the level of self-awareness that you do as this helps you to keep things in perspective (anxiety/depression are prone to distort your view of reality). My advice to you would be to find a point of acceptance in the storm you find yourself in. Can you step back from some of the things that are causing you the stress? Giving yourself some space now might be a way of preventing the whole house of cards from coming down. This doesn't mean giving up or resigning yourself - it's a calm acceptance of the facts and trying not to force a change, either to how things used to be or to a quick improvement. Forcing things may bring about a feeling of frustration and then it may feel even worse. Don't panic ;-)

If you can cope without medication, that's fine. I've used them as a last resort on three separate occasions in the past 5 years. I think you will know in your own mind if you need medical intervention (at the moment I am also trying the non-medication route). However, CBT (online or facilitated by a counsellor) can be very effective to help sort our thoughts and feelings out. You are right - eating well, exercise, healthy sleep patterns will all improve your sense of well-being. Sometimes the brain needs that extra bit of help so don't deny yourself this help if it could give you the chance of getting things back on track. You'll find many folk on this forum who are on different stages of the journey. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. If you need to get anything off your chest, this is the place to find compassion and non-judgemental acceptance. Take care buddy :-)

Digsby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.