HELP! stick/Root like things in stool. with photo's.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Every time i go to the toilet i have these weird things in clumps in my stool. after ive had a closer inspection i can only describe them as looking like roots from a plant, with the same texture as a branched stick. they're not alive, and they don't move, someone PLEASE shed some light??!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi judie76886

What have you been eating?

• Posted

hi, it cant be anything ive eaten as ive had these things in my stool for months! im trying to upload photos but it wont let me.
    • Posted

Hi judy3031%

I suggest you take a sample to your doctor...in the meantime keep trying to upload the pics..

• Posted

I think it is fibre that you eat, sometimes I get that if you eat the whole long vege then it comes out like that. If you dont have diarhear then you should not worry. To be sure go to dr.
  • Posted

I had the same thing and freaked out by it.. Turns out they were just mucus/fibrous strands.. Google that and look at the pictures to see if that's what you are refering to. Other than that if the pictures you see aren't what I mentioned then find some which are perhaps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.