Help!!! stomach pain and nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies

Im so down. Anyone have stomach pain and nausea?

Ive been in oerimenopause eight years. Im currently four months without a period.

Always had stomach issues in peri but it seems to have magnified last few weeks.

Is it because ive had no period for so long?

Been awake most of the night with cramps.

Ive also just weaned off my AD since two weeks.

Feel so awful im considering going back on them although I really dont want to.

Please any advice ladies x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

Hi michelle. Can i ask which stomach problems in peri?

while i cant help you, you could help me with your answer..

i do STILL have daily stomach problems.

You can "aquire" on line heathers tummy teas for pain bloat etc, fennel and peppermint with infused volatile oil.

also ginger for nausea for what its worth if you havent tried already?

• Posted

Hi hun

I have terrible bloat nausea cramps.

It's really getting me down.

Just came off AD so dont know if thats making it worsex

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Yes thats me as well, bad stomach cramps and nausea, had terrible nausea y'day, just rotten. I am also 4 months without a period and keeping my fingers crossed it doesnt show again to get to 'post' and get this process over and down with!! (h'fully in the next couple of years!!, haha).

I was also weaning myself off anti depressants but ive put that on hold for now as i was then told i was in menopause - which made sense as my 'depression' wasnt like before! I wanted to concentrate on sorting my menopause symptoms before reducing any further.

I am 3 wks into hrt, i spoke to my doc last wk as the cramps were so bad, she said to give the hrt another couple of wks and h'fully it would improve.

Personal choice for you if you start your a d's again but you have done brilliantly gtg off them, its a nightmare i know!! Maybe better to try something else for the cramps?

I hope this is of some help to you, i am very much in the same position as yourself. Do what is right for you. You are obvisiously a strong lady you have got off the anti depressants.

Stay strong, hugs to you, let me know how you go, xx.

Angela

• Posted

Awww thank you so much. I dont feel very strong right now tbh.

Mayb I need to give it longer than two weeks.

Thanks hun x

• Posted

Michelle when u say u need to give it longer than 2 wks are you talking about hrt or being off the snti depressants?

I was also VERY down, crying etc, didnt know what was wrong with me, it was actually a side effect of dropping down my dose of anti depressants. I found reducing them very difficult, terrible side effects. Did you find the same?, which anti depressany were you on if you dont mind me asking?, xx

• Posted

Hi

Yeah I mean giving it longer being off the Ad. I was on mirtazapine 15mg.

Ive been off them two weeks.

Im not in hrt x

• Posted

I would say its withdrawal from ur ad thats making u feel so down and possibly the nausea too not sure about the cramps tho. There is a site/forum called Surviving Antidepressants, the people that overlook it are great and really know their stuff about ad's if u wanted advice on being off yours and how you are feeling etc..

Hope you start to feel a bit better soon, xx.

• Posted

Hi, I just wanted to share my horror story. I am 51 and when I was 49 I started to get bad stomach pain and still have it today. I have had ultra sounds , blood tests, cat scan, and go to my doctors once a week trying to solve this, every test is negative. Now a year later my periods are of and on ,  starting to get the odd hot flush in my stomach and racing right up to my head. Then months later palpitations , I thought I was having a heart attack , I went to the hospital and nothing... Continued seeing the doctor and had a stress test and echo cardio gram,,,, all good..... Now I wake up in the middle of the night with my legs shaking and I feel week... Off to the emergency again.. Still nothing.. Back to the doctors for more tests... All negative... I feel like I am dying...periods off and on . But longer and heavier.. Cramps unbearable... Chest pain... Muscle pain , headaches,, everything now.. I try and walk and I feel like a robot running out of batteries,, shaky ,, jittery,, weak... Something has to be wrong.. Back to the doctors , more tests and nothing....checks my hormone levels all through this year and a half and nothing is showing....I feel like I can't walk . Or talk or think at this point. I have stopped working and live on the couch... I think something is wrong .. More tests. Still all negative......omg. I can't handle this anymore....now I have vibration in my body and I am freaked out ,, back to the hospital.....everything is negative,,, go to my doctor , he says its nerves,,, and gives me Ativan .. It helps... And tries to give me antidepressants,,, I don't want them... It is not my mind . It's my body....so now I have all these symptoms put together. Hot , cold .. Pain everywhere muscles . Joints , stomach chest.. Weakness,, trembling ,, jittery, and vibrating.....so I went back to the doctor, and during this entire time I was asking him if I was menopausing .. No every time,   Went to the gyno. He said you should have vibrating or weekness trembling... All this time as well my 

• Posted

Hormone levels r good ... Finally 1 month later very low estrogen.... I don't want to take hrt ,, and continue to feel worse . So I take it and in 1 week I am not so week and shaky very slight difference , but still vibrate , stomach still hurts . But feel better , not all there and don't think I will be... I just want it to go away.. This is a nightmare,, how come some woman experience nothing while others go through hell ... Thanks for listening...

• Posted

I  am also dizzy at times. And can't sleep ... Like right now... I wish this would all go away just as fast as it came.. So I am taking multi vitamin,, magnesium calcium, vitamin d . B6 b12.....supplement... Are you feeling better ...???? And if so any advise ...I have not had a period now since Jan 2017 and its almost April., I just want to close my eyes and wish this all away.....this is the worst thing I have ever experienced in my entire life ,, it is to much all at once...very scary at first not realizing what it is,, doctors are not very helpful . That is my experience.......any input ..please forward any experiences. 

• Posted

This all started with me in '06, but would come and go. Then in '09 it set in and has been part of my life every day since. I have every symptom you list and then some. I so long to feel normal again. The external shaking is bad, worse in the mornings. Mornings are truly the worst part of my day. I feel and look like a stranger to myself. I hate never knowing how I will feel from one minute to the next. I have  been post menopause for 4 years and there has been no improvement for me. I hope one day to wake up and be symptom free. In the meantime I will continue to pray and hope I can maintain my sanity! GOD Bless 🙏🏻

• Posted

Oh my god it is so nice to hear that I am not crazy.. Because I know the doctors at emergency think that of me.. So I won't even go any more... And yes my shaking , internal vibrating is always worse in the morning.... My mother had hot flashes at 45 .. So I knew to expect that . But then when she was 58 she was complaining of weekness and the vibrating... Her doctor was going to send her to a shrink.... She couldn't handle this and committed suicide... Unfortunately I think doctors don't know themselves because I kept asking my doctor several times is this menopause. And he would shake his head no for the past year and a half now......all I know is the same as you ,, I look in the mirror and it's not me... I want to feel normal again... And be myself . I really miss it... Because how I feel now is . Is as if Ian dying .. I realize how my mother felt... But I will not do the same.. Everyday is different.... Are you taking estrogen and progesterone...keep in touch ...

• Posted

I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling anymore....ugh....... This is torture.... Some days are ok .. But not many .....how do you prepare for something like this .. I often think about that...... Can you prepare?   If I only knew......I would like to go off the estrogen and progesterone... Does anything else work....?? More natural supplement... What do you take ..... Thanks so much

• Posted

My grandmother, mother and both aunts on my moms side went through this. My mom is 71 and still has the hot flashes and the craziness in the mornings. I definitely think it is something you have to have to understand. She tells me I will come through this, but I will never be the same person I have known. I guess it's why they call it the "change", because indeed we are forever changed. I know I am personally a completely different person than I was before this all started. The only thing I use is Estrace vaginal cream, due to dryness after my hysterectomy in 2011. It only helps with the vaginal dryness , none of the other symptoms. I can look back on when my mom was going through this and I must say for as much as I tried to help her through I had no clue how bad it was till it happened to me. So, know you are not crazy, just going through crazy menopause! 🙂 Prayers for you. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks so much.. Please keep in touch.. This has helped me somewhat feel better.... I don't want to change I was perfectly happy how I was... Thanks so much. Where are you from..??

• Posted

I am in Canada. Can you say . Or private .? 
    • Posted

I lived in Vancouver Canada all my life and recently moved to a small town in the caribou 
    • Posted

Oh ya.. Never been . But thanks for sharing your stories.. I stop older ladies in town and ask them if they don't mind talking about menopause... I am usually shy .. But this is a desperate situation since I was getting no info from anywhere... Some have had it , some have had nothing...except just being bitchy...but this... Is just crazy.. Hormones can really mess a person up..didn't realize.. Please keep in touch. thank you again...

• Posted

I don't know if you grew up watching the waltons but I believe it was filmed in West Virginia,,,, I think ... I've been watching it and on episode 5 Olivia visits her sister and the doctor.. Doctor can't find anything wrong and her sister says to her I know what your going through.. The forgetfulness. Shortness of breath and internal shakes.. I couldn't believe my ears... Did you ever watch that show... Love it.. 

• Posted

Yes, I love the Walton's. The episode you are talking about is one of my favorites. It was filmed in Virginia, the state beside West Virginia.

• Posted

I started watching the waltons when this all started. I would go hide in the bedroom and try and get my mind off of this feeling... I have all the seasons .and it helped a bit when I saw that episode....I called my boyfriend into the room and rewound the disk to that part... He goes to me , see your not dying.. Only helped for the night........I get dizzy a bit now and then.. That's my newest symptom.. Did you have that?????  

• Posted

Yes I have dizziness as well. I have every symptom on the menopause symptom lists and then some. It has definitely been a journey and one I am sad to say is not over yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.