Help stubborn bartholin cyst/abscess

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am now 23 and have been struggling with terrible bartholin cysts for almost 3 years. The first time it happened quick woke up with it and in a matter of hours it was at least the size of a golf ball and severely painful and it didn't stop there. The first two time were the same and happens within 5 months of each other. Both were drained at the ER but didnt really go away. Each time I was hospitalized for 2 weeks. It gets grusom from here.. sorry... First time they did a small incision on the left and removed the cyst pocket. The second time (5months later) it was about the size of an orange and even though it was only on my left they sliced all the way down on both.. they said "just in case" and didn't tell me until I woke up from surgery. They left both incisions open and I had to pack with gauze until they closed from the inside out. After healing I felt glorious! And went on witb my regular life and I thought I was cured until two years later (about 4 days ago) I felt a lump on my left again at work. Wasn't too painful but I could tell it was coming it's gotten worse over the weekend but not progressing like normal but it defiantly has gotten bigger and more painful it's more mild then before ( the last time I was hysterically crying from pain and could not move basically lived in the bath.) I have been trying various home remedies phoebe's cure and castor oil mixed with turmeric also keeping a heating pad and baths with Epsom salt and tea tree oil. But it just feels like it's getting worse.. I'm at my with end and wondering if anyone has any thing that can help.. I've also been considering getting the gland removed. I just don't want to have it landed again as many know it is Excruciating pain.. sorry this is so lengthy. Thanks for any future help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sam! Just a week ago I was dealing with a BC about the size of a lemon but now it has reduced to the size of a small grape!! It’s no longer hard and it is draining. I used the 120,000 CU Serrapeptase, and something that I found to REALLY helped was a strong dose of probiotics! At first I was taking probiotics with 100 mill, which was helping in breaking down my cyst but then I upped the dosage to 15 billion cultures and the cyst has gone from a hard ping pong ball to a very small, soft grape in 2 days!! Along with my daily baths (Epsom salt, apple cider vinegar, and tea tre oil) also after the baths I applied a wet cotton pad (a mixture of some water to dilute, tea tree oil, coconut oil and ACV) to the cyst and left it on there for about 30 minutes just to ensure it’s clean and it stays open and draining. I also used a few different pastes, if you’re interested in knowing feel free to reply and ask! I hope this works for you!!! Best of luck to you. Much love- Bella 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.