Help!!!! Suffering with reoccurring Bacterial Vaginosis for almost two years!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Really hoping someone can help me get rid of this horrible thing. I don't even know how many times I've had a mental breakdown and cried about this. 

I have wet discharge non stop and the stench can be so bad sometimes.

I've literally tried EVERYTHING. I've been to the gynecologist TWICE. I've took Flagyl/Metro. probably well over 20 times. It works for the time being and then it comes right back. I've stopped wearing thongs and wear cotton underwears or even sometimes I don't. I avoid tampons as much as I can. I also thought at one point that alcohol and coffee was making it more intense so I quit that for a month. I've even stopped intercourse for a while and that still didn't make a difference. 

I've tried probiotics (RePhresh & lactobacillus acidophilus probiotic's) I've tried tea tree oil baths, coconut tampons, apple cider, yogurt, tons of water, etc. 

Literally I've done everything that I've been reading on forums of other girls who were successful doing certain things but nothing is working for me.

I actually just started the RePhresh probiotics and I honestly feel like the smell is getting stronger, does anyone know if you should avoid sex during these probiotics? 

I'm so frustrated, I feel like it's bringing my self confidence and although my boyfriend is super supportive , I still feel like crap that I have to deal with it and it's not going away.

If you have any other advice or other tricks that may work, please please let me know!!

THANK YOU XO

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know the feeling. I've been suffering with BV and yeast infections for over 10 years.

have you tried changing your laundry detergent? recently, I bought one that has 0% perfumes or dyes. I think it might be making a bit of difference as the odour isnt as strong. I also don't wear underwear as I found it just made things worse.

I have never tried Rephresh, but I have used Femdophilus and Reuteri. both work temporarily when inserted.

at the moment, I'm trying to drink as much water as possible, I'm taking folic acid, reuteri probiotics, and vitamin D3 daily. Also using the unscented detergent.

The smell isn't gone but its significantly reduced.

I also stopped washing with soap, I just use plain water. Anything else makes it worse. It's hard to not feel dirty at first but you get used to it.

hope this helps

• Posted

hi, i feel you girl.

you need boric acid suppositories 600 mil for 21 days straight- start right after your period ends- probably sex is a bad idea at this time- when you take the probiotics you have to take them for a loooong time for them to start working- like every day for a few months- increase your vitamen d and zinc- cut down on sugar in your diet. that represh stuff doesnt work. The only things that have helped me are what I've listed here. don't be scared of the boric acid- just dont ingest it- some ladies have a lil reaction it but i didnt and a lot of women don't and it restores the pH of your vagina the smell WILL go away. you got to stay on top of it- don't let this get you too down A TON of women have it- you might feel gross-but stay positive- stress makes it worse I think.

• Posted

hey! I too struggled with this for almost two years. I tried everything!!!!! same story as yours. I finally figured out that the trigger was sugar. I could have no added sugar AT ALL or i would get an infection. Natural fruit sugars were fine. But added white sugar was my trigger. I Thought it was strange that all of a sudden I now couldn't have sugar. I was also feeling very tired and depressed. I had my DR draw a bunch of labs. Turned out my VIT D was low. A low VIT D LEVEL can cause sugar intolerance and a supressed immune system. After taking VIT D for 3 months, I'm totally back to normal!!!! It's like heaven!!!! Life was so terrible for so long. I hope this helps. PLEASE have your dr check your levels. VIT D can cause a lot of issues if you get too much. So you definitely need to have it checked. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.