Help. The Clob steroid is too strong for me now what ? Doctors really just know know enough about LS

Posted , 4 users are following.

need to know what has worked for everyone else EMUAID has been helping

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why not ask for a milder steroid? I use Triamcinolone and have been fine with it. It has been effective reducing the visible signs of LS. I use a small amount twice a week. Can't speak to the emuaid as I've never used it. The max version most people seem to mention has tea tree oil in it and I have reacted badly to that in an essential oil LS remedy. I also use coconut oil as a lubricant (and hormone cream, but that is for atrophy).

• Posted

Emuaid Max has been my go to for months! Great results...not a cure.. but minimal steroids now. ....and life is so much better!

• Posted

Hi KC,

I just had an appointment yesterday and was told to cut back on the steroid whenever I get that "sunburned" feeling and to try to apply it ONLY on the lichens and not on the healthy skin.

In my opinion olive oil is a very good moisturizer, lubricant and healer with no side effects; and it is remarkably cheaper than some of the other applications I have used.....straight refined coconut also.

Julia

• Posted

thank you not unrefined coconut oil . or does it matter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.