Help! This is the Worst!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 50 and have pretty much every peri-menopausal symptom!  I can't take it anymore.  I am trying to carry on with my life (three kids, job, boyfriend), but dont know how much longer I can keep it up!  For the last few months I have:

Anxiety

Dizziness - off balance, brain shifts (constant)

Headaches

clogged ears

Insomnia

Night Sweats

Now some daytime hotflashes

Exhaustion

Nausea

How is anyone supposed to live like this?  I am going to the Women's clinic in a few weeks to see what they suggest.  I am also on a low does AD (but very low dose).  I dont know what else to do.  Why am I getting so many things when my sister has nothing!!!

Jen

4 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jen. Apparently you and I aren't alone in the roller coaster of Menopause. I've been in, I believe for going on 8 years but just now have I noticed a few extra things going on with me and our good old friend menopause. I had a partial hysterectomy along time ago, about 27 or so years ago, but they left my olvaries so of course i'm having menopause. Well a new one for me to learn is the BMS Burning Mouth Syndrome, now that's not fun either but I'm learning a few tricks for that one and it so far seems to help and hopefully will go away soon.Another new one for me are my breast have softened up, oh yeah, I'm 60 now, I forgot to mention that one, my one breast is also starting to be sore but heard that goes with menopause too but who knows, I could have pulled a muscle in that area. I've also had total fatigue in the late afternoon to where I can barely do a darn thing, so fatigued. I get all of yours you listed too, so I'm hopeing that I'm heading in the downward stage of all of this, being I think I've been in it for almost 8 years in April. Do you know anything about the FSH-H levels? 

• Posted

I did the 24 hour urine test and am waiting for the results from the women's clinic in a few weeks.  So I dont know what my levels are at this point but there is not doubt that I am peri as my periods are wonky.

• Posted

Yeah, I had mine done back in 2008 the FSH-H level read 49.8 and than they did one in Jan. 2015 and it was 77.4 so I know I'm in mine but I don't know what the levels mean and where they will go when we are heading downward in this menopause thing.

• Posted

My problem is I don't know what is menopause related and what is something else???

• Posted

Exactly how I am feeling, must be our anxiety. Last night wanted to enjoy a meal out well that BIG HUGE FATIGUE set in with anxiety too, not fun at all! Now my breasts hurt big time, one side only right now
  • Posted

I hope you find what helps you thru M . Everyone is different. It's quite a bit to adjust too that's for sure.

hope your doctor can help you thru this they have many options. 

• Posted

I get most of what you have apart from the hot flushes the menopause has spared me that symptom at the moment! my worst ones are the brain fog the aching joints and the dizziness even if im sitting down without warning its like a whirlpool in my head. oh the joys of the menopause 
  • Posted

Hi Jen, i am in peri for eight or nine years. I had no hot flashes, but I had migraines, nausea, night sweating, weight gain, painfull breasts, back pains and various pains in my body. Symptoms went and came, new appeared, etc. The worst were periods with flooding that lasted around ten days and came every 21 to 26 days. For migraines or pains I took pills, but with this I could do nothing. Now my worst symptoms are fatigue, general negativity, doom and gloom, feeling very low, depressed, rejected . My physical symptoms are definitely better, and I started exercise again. For the psychogical, I have no clue.
  • Posted

its awful istn it, im the same  all of your listed symptoms,  i dont mind most things but he anxiety/depression worse thing ever.  nausea is a new thing.  Which AD are you on and how long been taking it?     It will be shifts in hormones difficult to regulate and its trial and error of trying things to help, takes a while but will be something im sure.

this site is good fo rsupport and info.  debs xx

• Posted

Had and ghave the same things. At first I thought it was caused by amalgam removal from my tooth, especially the dizziness, vertigo and brain shifts. Now I understand it is all inner ear, allergies (of which I had none before) and whatever else is there. Accupressure used to help. Spring is bad. Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.