Help! Thrush now blisters?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! 

A week ago today I went to the doctors and got told I had thrush. Pain while peeing, itchy, redness, inflammation, White discharge and bad smell. I took an oral pill for it and started using cantesen lotion that you rub in area and wash off in the shower. Now a week late I have strange blisters on the top of my vagina near the bikini line and some down lower on the lips. They are quiet sore. A warm bath helps. They are decreasing but still annoying. They hurt only because they are rubbing and are a little sensitive to touch. I haven't tried popping them. Can't get to the doctors til Monday. I will call tomorrow for my Pap smear results but any ideas? Google is not a good idea just comes up with the worst imaginable

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I will post a picture when I can 
  • Posted

Could you have reacted to the canestan? I can't use it. It stings me and makes me even more sore, so I just use the oral tablet.

• Posted

Yes I'm thinking perhaps I did. Can you take more than one dosage of the oral tablet for thrush? I'm really wanting to pain/smell/discharge to go away and it's been a week today 

• Posted

Update: Pap smear came back all good so unsure whatnot it could be but driving me insane 
  • Posted

You can take a second 150mg dose 3 days later. That is what my dr said to do. That usually works. But if it is particularly stubborn you can get a 50mg dose that you take daily for one or two weeks - this can only be got by prescription, not over the counter. I had particularly persistent and recurrent thrush and the GP didn't know what to do, so I saw a consultant who prescribed 100mg daily for a week. That did the trick.

• Posted

Great thank you! I will take that now. Did you get any blisters at all? 
  • Posted

I don't think I had blisters, I only used the cream once and it stung and made me red so I stopped using it. The pessaries do. the same. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.