Help to avoid attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I had 4 attack in a raw. I am drained, the pain is so horrible, nothing help and I end up in the shower with burning water to create a diversion to the pain. Painkillers do not do anything, gp gave me codeine but it made me worst and i had to go to the hospital yesterday. I am quite depressed, the worst is that I'm afraid to eat but starving. Today I had a low calorie pizza and a micro salade and I had an attack despite the fact that u made myself puke because I felt it was coming. I have a scan in 2 days but I'm going in vacation in 5 days so I know I won't have the surgery till I come back, so basically I'm freaking out and im seeking for some adcices, anything that can help 1) avoid the attack but still help me to feed properly and avoid me to depress because I'm starving and 2) ease this horrible pain, do you have some trick?

Any help would be sooo much appreciated, or even just some support x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It is awful when the attacks happen. I have had my gallbladder removed but suffered hor many years before. I used to find sipping apple juice or just hot boiled water helped. I also got some mint tea and that would sometimes help but not peppermint. I hope you are feeling better some and it settles down again
  • Posted

Hey,

I'm sorry for your pain I know it's the worst. Apple cider vinegar with apple juice before and after meals helped me in the months I had to wait for my operation. I'd put about a quarter of a cup of the vinegar and then the rest organic apple juice and that really helped keep the attacks down or at least the pain somewhat bareable.

I hope you find something that helps xxx

• Posted

Coedine is the worst pain killer to take.

It will make the symptons worse . I was told this by A&E emergency here in the uk .

You may have a stone blocking the bile duct if everything you eat affects you . I had this . Lost 3 stone and was left for 5 weeks waiting for a scan . British NHS waiting lists ! EVERYTHING I ate affected me except soup and a jacket potato . I

Lived on this . You cannot eat pizza low fat or not . No butter on the potato just beans.

Any bland soup . Sounds like you have a stone shifted to the bile duct . It will need retrieving unless like me it moves itself after 5 weeks of total agony ! You will need an ERCP camera down throat to get it . Then the gall bladder out if it is full of stones and sludge which migrated to your bile duct . If your eyes are yellow and your urine a coke colour this is acute cholecystitis and you need antibiotics and a stay in hospital .

If you get over this pain you must stop eating high fat food . Tramadol is the best pain reliever and a hot bath but most times you have to ride it through.

• Posted

Thanks for your answers, I'll try cider vinegar and appapple juice, and also cut any possible source of fat. Already loose 5.5 stones since I have birth (which is probably why u have gallstones) but now it's gonna be unstoppable lol

Another thoughts, is milk ok?

• Posted

hi Nenisea

I was told I had gall stones back in feb,i went on a low fat diet which seems to have helped.I have seen 2 GI doctors and have been told that my pain is  not due to the gall stones but my back,soI am waiting to have some joint injections in my spine,but I have been taking milk thistle tablets 1 a day. and I got apple cidar viniger tablets 2 3 times a day.this seems to have helped with the pain.I have been told that they will remove my gb but they think I have only  30% chance that it will work.so I'm waiting for the injections first in 3 weeks time and them if this dosen't work then I have to decide if I want my gb removed.my last real bad attack was in feb when I would have killed to have my gb removed but not sure what to do at the moment.I f I were you I would give the milk thistle and the apple cidar tablets a go.you can also get pressed apple juice from marks & spencers,this is better then the apple juice you can get in the super markets as it is only pure apple.Hope thinks goes well for you and you feeel better soon take care

Pat

• Posted

you could also use a heat pad that you heat up in the micro wave it would be a bit easer then taking a shower and would help with the pain

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.