Help! Urethral Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have no idea what has been going on and I'm so worried it is IC. For the past eight months (starting in November 2018) After masturbating with a sex toy, I immediately felt like I had to go pee really badly even though I just went! I went to bed and tried to ignore it hoping it would go away in the morning and the intense feeling of going pee went down a lot but I still felt weird. After I went pee it felt like I had to go slightly and my urethra would BURN ( not when peeing but after). The burning sensation lasted the whole entire month of November and still slightly now almost every day but less intense. If it isn't burning then my urethra feels like it pushing, swollen or I have to GO PEE. Originally I thought i had a UTI so I went to the doctors who said they didn't see any infection but gave me antibiotic anyway which did not work.I only go pee on average 4 - 6 times a day which hasn't changed when these symptoms arrived. Also i feel no pressure/ cramping in my lower stomach it just my urethra that feels irritated. I have done numerous urine test, STI test (I'm not sexually active) and yeast infection test and everything came back negative. I'm in so much pain all the time that i don't know what to do anymore. My family doctor brought up IC and referred me to a urologist. The urologist said he didn't want to look internally because I am so young (19) and didn't think it was IC so i got referred to see a gyno and a Pelvic floor physio therapist. My gyno appointment is not until feb 2020! and i'm in so much pain. I'm so worried it's IC and i don't want to have it the rest of my life! I have changed my diet to be less acidic, use %100 natural wipe and menstrual products, over the counter meds, muscle relaxants, epson salt baths, drinking tons of water but nothing seems to help. I feel like I injured my urethra some how internally through my vagina with using the sex toy? if anyone has similar symptom please leave any suggestion on what helped or what this could be, I'm so desperate and afraid the gyno won't help me after I've been over looked by many doctors.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shay I had similar issue like yours. When I turned 30 I woke up one morning and this feeling of burn was in my urethra. When I passed urine it would burn but it would burn slightly after. I wouldn't be able to hold urine for too long. I also had this stinging pain in my vagina but can never pin point where it is. 4 years on I still have it but my urogolist referred me to gynecologist last year. They operated on me and found a small patch of endometriosis. So endometriosis is where you uterus grows outside itself. Women have different symptoms. My symptoms were... Burning sensation. Not being able to hold my bladder for too long. Heavy period on day 1 and 2. Mild cramps and painful intercourse a d rectal pain during period. Not all women will have this. I would suggest your gyne to check for endo. All of my urine tests would come back normal with small raise of white blood cells. They also checked inside bladder and there was no sign of IC. I also changed my diet to alkaline but I've also stopped eating gluten and dairy. Try taking D Mannose. Its a natural sugar that helps the bladder.

• Posted

Hey sandy,

Thanks for a quick response. Did your endometriosis happen suddenly? also did you experience urgency? I'll consider talking with my family doctor about endo and seeing my urologist again about checking for IC because no doctor has done any sort of physical exam on me what so ever. I do get bad menstrual symptoms but nothing out of the ordinary. Like you said everyone is different. Do you have any other suggestions on what I should mention to my gyno? This is my first time seeing one so I'm not sure what type right type of question to ask

• Posted

Hi shay please go to a uro obgyn it sounds like IC IN the mean time go to the icnetwork.org good doctors refer you to this website jill is the founder they have all accurate information stay away from other ic websites because of misleading information they have all the information questions answers all you need ICNetwork is the orginal website includes foods that will and may trigger the IC GO there and get to a uro obgyn if you have IC they will see it and take pictures so you can see when you awake acidic foods is a big no no stop coffee and tea no tomatoes no grapfruit oranges VINGER these will keep you burning and very uncomfortable until you get to your appointment these are the best 2 things i suggest so you can see if tour symptoms calm down its called the elimination diet no mayonaise has vinger or ketchup i know it sucks but if your suffering you will stop these foods so you can see for urself herbal tea like cammomile no green tea no caffine at all stay with the safe foods on the ICnetwork this is the fastest way you will know take care keep me posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.