HELP! veins appeared on breasts and other symptoms - worried sick!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have got these blue veins which have suddenly appeared on my breasts around the nipple area (one on my left breast is quite prominent) and I have never had them before. Also I sometimes get itchy skin on my breasts. I cant find any lumps or anything but did suffer with occasional pain/soreness in my left breast which I put down to hormonal reasons as it wasnt constant.

I dont know if this is connnected but  I have also had this ache in my left shoulder/top of arm area when I lift it to do anything and now pain in my back, especially round shoulder blades area when lying in bed on my back for too long (it feels like theres something there) and my legs have a dull ache in them.  I am 38 and have 2 children and have been on the pill for 12 years. Did go to the doctors last week and he looked at the veins on my breasts but didnt seem particularly concerned, though he did ask if they definitely were not there before so I said no they were not. He seemed more concerned with my aches and ordered a blood test for me to check for anything muscular, which I am having done this week.  I have also had a chest x-ray done as I was experiencing pain/heaviness/discomfort in that area but that came back clear -( dont know if it would show any breast problems though?)  All this is making me panic so much and I am on some pills to help with the anxiety. I feel like I cant enjoy life at the moment and when I'm on my own at home I just sit there in tears and wish it would all go away so I could feel normal and healthy again.  My fiance is very understanding though he works away during the week so its just me and the girls.  Grateful for any help on this.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.