Help-Vertigo first time

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an inner ear infection a little over a month ago. ever since the infection my left ear has fealt full. It feels puffy or full inside.  I had an MRI and everything came back normal. The doctor said nothing is wrong and the ear looks normal. I have had 2 full blown vertigo attacks within the past 6 weeks. I don't have any ringing in my ears nor any hearing loss. I have never had any ear problems before. Is this a sign of meniers disease? what are the first sign of symptoms someone has when they get this disease? with labyrinthitis does this ussualy last a long time? Both vertigo attacks occured in the morning when I woke up.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello.  I am not a physician...but I have some thoughts based on reading through the years and my own experience.  I have Meniere's Disease but it sounds to me as though you might have benign positional something or other and that crystals in the ear may have moved due to the ear infection.  The movement of the crystals can cause vertigo.  The good news is that there is treatment for this called the epley manuever which can be done by either an ENT or a physical therapist with training to administer it.  I suggest you see an ENT who specializes in vertigo to clarify the diagnosis.

Good luck with this.

• Posted

It is unlikely that you have MD.  Classical symptoms of MD are tinnitus, ear fullness, virtigo lasting at least 20 minutes, hearing loss in low decible range.  It's best to see an ENT doctor for diagnosis.  Doctor will administer hearing test to determine if any hearing loss.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.