Help! Vertigo - I want my life back :'(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having vertigo attacks randomly for a year, lately I have had about 13 in a month, they are worse than ever.

I was told I have abnormal results from thyonomy? pressure in the ear test. left side is hyper and right side is hypo

Anyway, with that I was sent for an MRI Internal Auditory Meatus. I had this yesterday. 

I am so scared they wont find anything and I will be left like this the future...and I will be honest, I can't live with it. I have no life, I can't plan or go out because I am scared of being out when it happens.

During and episode I can be not moving sometimes and like a switch - violent vertigo, fever, even the need to go for a number 2! - My neck will hurt (hurts most the time anyway).

I get into a bath and lay there for about 2 hours or however long it takes for me to be able to sit up without the horrible dizziness and sickness. often I am sick.

I am lost and so depressed.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I forgot to mention - I have Tinnitus pretty much all the time, it's always there, sometimes louder than normal

• Posted

I also have Tinnitus bad aswell on my right side...which is where the cyst is ...and now my shoulder is really sore too
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel..I get scared to go out in case of an attack (I call mine wobbles) I've been on different medications which have helped most of the time. I have an ananoid cyst the root leaning on my vestibular nerve which one doctor has said could be causing my dizziness. I am waiting for an MDT meeting to see if it's operable. ..and like you I'm scared in case I will always be like this

• Posted

I hope it is operable, for your sake. If I had to have this for life, I really don't think I could do it...

• Posted

8mg Betahistine 3 x a day, but I am taking them probs 4 times

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.