help-vertigo plus anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an mri and there was nothing wrong. I went to the ent 3 times and he said nothing is wrong. He ordered a vng test. I have never had vertigo in my life and I got it after I got an ear infection. I have had severe anexiety.

When a vertigo attack is about to happen i get severe anxiety and then the attack happens. Does anyone else experience this? When will this all go away. I was always healthy before this happened. Its awful. The vertigo attacks are so severe i cant do anything because i cant walk or drive

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

How certain are you that it's really a vertigo attack? What symptoms do you have and how long does it last for? Based on what you're saying, it's possible that you're just having severe panic attacks with dizzying spells, etc.

• Posted

The vertigo starts first. For example i woke up last night and fealt extremly dizzy and was not really able to walk. The room was spinning. I started to panic because I had a vertigo ago attack 2 weeks ago and then it got worse. I took a meclazine and i feel slightly better this morning. This all started from an inner ear infection about a month..
  • Posted

Get some non drowsy dramumine chewables. Orange Box. Walgreens has them. If you feel dizzy at all even just a little Chew one up. We have small crystals in our ears and when these move around it can cause vertigo attacks. You can call a PT or chiropractic and see if they can reset them for you. It's super easy to do. Don't get anxious just take a deep breath and know that you will get a handle on this. I did the same thing when it happened to me. Very scary. You will be ok.

• Posted

Hi,

Are you experiencing any ear symptoms along with the vertigo, like hearing loss, tinnitus, or a sensation of fullness?

Sincerely,

J-

• Posted

Hey jmj,

I have slight fullness in my ear. I can ear just fine and have no ringing in the ears. My only symptoms are motion sickness. I have had 3 vertigo attacks. After the attacks I have motion sickness and my eyes feel twitchy or my vision seems off. Whats the difference between MD and vertigo

• Posted

Hi zsanders1,

Vertigo is the sensation that the world is rotating around you.  Meniere's Disease is a specific cluster of vestibular symptoms that includes vertigo..  Here are the official diagnostic criteria for MD:

Definite Meniere's disease: 

- Two or more spontaneous episodes of vertigo lasting 20 minutes to 12 hours

- Low to medium frequency sensorineural hearing loss. 

- Fluctuating aural symptoms (hearing, tinnitus and/or fullness) in the affected ears. within 24 hours of the vertigo episode.

- Not better accounted for by another vestibular diagnosis.

Probable Meniere's: 

-Episodic vestibular symptoms (vertigo or dizziness) 20 minutes to 24 hours associated with fluctuating aural symptoms (hearing, tinnitus or fullness)

- Not better accounted for by another vestibular diagnosis

I hope that helps.  Take good care,

J-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.