help! what am i doing wrong

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on the tablets 2 weeks now and have lost only 5lbs, i seem to be going to the toilet less!! not more like most people do, i was expecting miracles i think, reading everyone elses post, most seem to be losing alot more than me!! what am i doing wrong!!?? :cry:

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

only 5 lbs in 2 weeks??? [b:3a8438dd6d]thats NOT bad![/b:3a8438dd6d]

these tablets are not a one size fits all, we're all different heights, weights, genders - we have different amounts to loose, it would stand to reason that someone with more to loose will loose more initially than someone who has less.

another factor in someone loosing less weight shall we say is if they have been previously dieting before taking these, say you did ww or slimming world before and you'd lost a lot to begin with then you'd be on a steady loss on these where as someone who went from 'normal' eating to these would likely see a big loss initially but still it will slow down.

they say its better to loose the weight slow and steady as theres less chance of puttin it back on, 2-3lbs a week is good!

• Posted

I echo Sparkles comment's. It's all to do with the individual and you really can't compare yourself to anyone else as you do not live their lives. 5lbs is a great loss and you should be very proud of yourself and not putting yourself down.

These tablets are not a miracle cure and you cannot stay on them long term, they are to help you loss the initial weight and for you to learn another way of eating then to carry on that way once you have withdrawn from the tablets.

You also need to look at your body shape and see the changes of your body as sometimes you just don't lost weight but your body will be toning up.

Carry on the way you are and you will soon be seeing the difference.

• Posted

thanks guys for listening i know you are all right in what you say in your comments, its just frustrating when you have been so good a week with such a little reward, but i will stick at it. xx
  • Posted

with such little reward? 5 lbs for 2 weeks!!!

if you keep at it you'll have weeks where you lose 1lb or nothing sometimes for all the good eating and exercise, you have to keep going, mix it up a little and stay positive

like suza said you need to be looking for losses in the form of inches aswel as lbs

most docs only ask patients to lose 4lb in the first month so you're already over that in half the time!

• Posted

I agree with all the other comments. i've got lots to lose. I've been on the tablets for almost 9 weeks. I weghed in at 107 Kilos and was told by my nurse that I had to lose 5% of my weight in 3 months and 10% in 6 months to be allowed to stay on the tablets. So my target was set at losing 5.35 kilos in 3 months and 10.7 Kilos in 6 months . I lost 2.5 kilos (5.5 lbs in 2 weeks), 1.5 kilos (3 lbs) more by 4th week, 2.5 kilos by 6th week and 2.5 kilos by 8th week which adds up to 9 kilos/ just under 1 and half stone ! which i'm well chuffed with which means I have less than 4 lbs to lose to hit my 6 month target in less than 3 months SO DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF THE SCALES ARE GOING THE RIGHT WAY YOU ARE DOING REALLY WELL AND YOU CAN SEE IT SOON ADDS UP KEEP POSITIVE KEEP GOING .

I visual bags of sugar to help me visual what i'm losing so you have lost the equivalent of 2 kilo bags of sugar which is good

• Posted

any tips on what are good things to eat as i am getting a bid fed up of chicken with veg / salad with fish......... Thanks everyone x
  • Posted

Try BBC good food wesite, click on special diets and they have a like to low fat meals,but remember the fat content is calculated per portion. They have some different recepies on there that might be of some use. You cant get bored because thats when you will fail sad You need variety in your diet.
  • Posted

...Sorry, spelling error...

LINK to low fat meals, not LIKE!!!

• Posted

By the weigh fatty

I was like you and found I was going to the toilet less. I've been on the tablets for just over 9 weeks and now go to the toilet more regularly i have been eatting an apple after my dinner and tea don't know if that has helped maybe you'll settle down after a few weeks

• Posted

Seriously that's a great weight loss....wouldn't you rather have that than a dramatic one which ends up back again after 12 months? It's about re-educating the way you eat to get real results, not fleeting ones. Keep going, it's hard work, but worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.