Help, what are this bumps on my clitoris?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive had " smegma" on my clitoris hood before, I've been able to play around and take them out. These don't hurt, but they annoy me, they don't come out like the "smegma" did. I am 18 years old, I've only had sex with 2 people, they've both been virgins what is this help šŸ˜¦

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Did you recently start cleaning out the smegma? It looks like you have clitoral adhesions. Smegma is a natural lubricant that keeps the skin around the genitals moist. If it is not washed away for a long period of time, it can accumulate, become sticky, and cause your clitoral hood to stick to your clitoris. When the hood of the skin around a womanā€™s clitoris is fully or partially disabled it can cause significant discomfort and pain. Clitoral adhesion can usually be removed by cleaning the area where smegma has built up. A warm bath and a little bit of coconut oil can help loosen the adhesions. Getting into the habit of checking the genitals regularly for excess smegma and signs of a potential infection or other problems can prevent smegma from becoming a problem. This is especially important for people who tend to sweat a lot, which can contribute to more smegma and make it easier for smegma to accumulate.

• Posted

I recently started cleaning out my smegma, yes. I didn't know females could get smegma until a year ago, I shower everyday and use a gentle soap and warm water to wash my vagina, i don't put the soap inside and i understand basic hygiene but no one ever told me about smegma. The times i have cleaned it its been relatively easy to get out but this time its nearly impossible to get out. I'm overweight so i do sweat a lot, thank you so much for the advice i was worried. I'll see if it works.

• Edited

image the warm water and coconut oil helped, it got loosen up just a little bit (you can see on the picture the smegma isn't stuck to the skin, it looks more up) should i keep doing this tomorrow until i eventually get rid of it?

• Edited

Although smegma is synonymous with uncircumcised men, females also get smegma. In fact, females tend to produce more smegma as they have more folds and crevices. This is especially true if your vulva is on the ā€œfleshierā€ side. If you are not doing so already, I would recommend that you wear underwear made of a breathable material such as cotton. Because you sweat a lot, cotton underwear can help absorb the excess moisture and heat that builds up in your vagina. You can also take it a step further by sleeping without underwear. Going commando helps ventilate your vagina and allows it ā€œbreathe.ā€

When you retract the hood, does the hood move by itself or does the clitoris move along with it?

The smegma is starting to break up and it seems like it isnā€™t as ā€œstuckā€ to the skin. I would continue using coconut oil and warm water. The coconut oil is antibacterial and helps soften the smegma. It also helps lubricate the clitoris which helps make the cleaning process less painful. The water, of course, removes the buildup/debris. After washing make sure to dry the area well. Oftentimes we are so focused on cleaning that we forget/don't realize the importance of drying (a moist environment leads to bacterial growth hence more smegma). Depending on how stubborn the smegma is, it can take several days or even weeks until it is completely removed. Smegma can be such a stressful and even painful thing but it can be managed with patience, warm water, and diligence. Once removed, the hood should move freely over the clitoris. You should be able to pull the hood far enough to be able to visualize the corona of the clitoris. If not, you may have clitoral phimosis.

• Posted

the hood moves, the part that isn't "infected" goes down, thank you for the advice, ive been very worried.

• Edited

Hi, Ive just recently noticed these on myself.. mine look very similar to yours have yours gone away and how did you make them go away if they did? This worries me sm i am a virgin. any advice? did you continue using the coconut oil or?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.