HELP! What can I use to help with outbreaks?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 36 year old male in the United States and I was wondering if there is anything that helps with outbreaks. I've tried almost everything but nothing seems to shorten the outbreak! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Is this your first outbreak? If so, it pretty much needs to run its course. The oral antiviral meds can help, but only if you take them early on. Soaking in Epsom salts can help provide relief and speed up healing. Topical lidocaine can assist with pain.
    • Posted

Will lidocaine sting the sores? Imma try that too. I'm in so much pain. Can't even sleep.
    • Posted

I never needed to use it myself, but others have and seemed fine with it. Even if it stings, it will soon become numb. You can take general oral pain relief, too, like paracetamol or ibuprofen.
  • Posted

I've never seen a man on here before . This is something new ..

Is this your first outbreak ?

• Posted

It is my first outbreak. Thanks for the suggestions!

Koolredd, hope its ok to post on here, I'm willing try anything!

• Posted

You're definitely welcome here. In fact, more men should post in this forum!
  • Posted

ThanksĀ FelisCatus!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.