HELP what is this?!?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

NO ITCHING no nothing all these lumps and bumps are freaking me out!! I have multiple posts of my issue. image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

looks normal some women have texture there

• Edited

normal hun! please dont worry. some people on here will make you worry for nothing!!!

• Posted

thank you. do you think the clusters of lumps on the bottom of my vaginal opening are normal ? ive had a baby a year ago, but a few weeks ago it was VERY inflamed almost like a growth. we used a weird condom night before it was weird. now its just changing..

• Edited

yes! looks like vp. an they can get irritated with intercourse!

• Edited

Dear kels98712,

I think you've simply highlighted a very common condition that's frequently misdiagnosed as genital warts.

The condition that I think you have is vaginal (vestibular) papillomatosis. It's not an STD, it's not nasty (malignant) and there's nothing for you to worry about.

Yours doesn't look too bad. There's probably a better (i.e. worse-looking) picture in this medical journal article here, with a somewhat technical discussion, https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm076056

Best wishes,

Adhari.

• Posted

Hi kels,

Perfectly normal appearances of vaginal folds/mucosa. Nothing to worry about.

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.