Help! What is this?! Balanitis? Warts?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Help me!

What is this on my penis? I noticed this last week. I don't know if I got this for much longer.

I have no symptoms (just the what you see on the pictures)

Facts:

I'm 21

Sexually active (but with the same partner for a year)

So I had sex with no condom

Never had an issue with it before

Generally very clean !

Hope you could help me!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Edit: the red thing under the head is on both sides (left and right) and it is barely visible when the penis is erected

• Edited

Okay, so there can be a number of things going on from what you describe: picking up a slight yeast / fungal infection if you do vaginal sex, or it could be a minor bacterial infection if you do anal.

These are certainly not warts of any kind/ I wonder whether it could be a regular source of skin irritation that is going on.

So this can be as simple as, while you may wash your penis regularly are you vigilant in ensuring no moisture remains, for example. Another thing it could be is a reaction to something you apply to your penis for sex or masturbation, such as a skin cream or an actual lube. Do you use anything like this .... ?

• Posted

Thank you for the answer! I had no anal, just vaginal sex. Would you consider to use a clotrimazole cream?

For sex and masturbation I don't use any lubes or so, just one time a lube that my girlfriend had at home. Could it be a new detergent or my clothes? Or just from masturbating or sex?

• Posted

Usually the head of the penis is much more sensitive to things like fungal / yeast infections.

Photos unfortunately give a bit of a false sense of what this actually looks like, compared to your viewing of how this has developed, and actually looks like in front of you.

I think this is tending towards a skin irritation caused by something like a new detergent or perhaps a soap or shower gel that you had not used before - if these are something you possibly used. Unfortunately that does not rule out the yeast / fungal.

I would wait and see if these fade and heal of their own accord. You could check with your GF if She has any symptoms - in case She has never had symptoms before here are typical symptoms:

Yeast infection symptoms can range from mild to moderate, and include:

Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva

A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating

Redness and swelling of the vulva

Vaginal pain and soreness

Vaginal rash

Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance

Watery vaginal discharge

• Posted

Here is the check list without the formatting that has not copied across:

Yeast infection symptoms can range from mild to moderate, and include:

Itching and irritation in the vagina and vulva

A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating

Redness and swelling of the vulva

Vaginal pain and soreness

Vaginal rash

Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance

Watery vaginal discharge

• Posted

My GF has no symptoms but I think since I try to keep the area dry it gets worse (could be from the towel). And itches a little. Maybe it's got to know that the the red dots are not flat.

• Posted

imageimageiam new here and I don't know to post one in the forum so Iam posting here ! please help meimage is this a genital wart?

• Posted

It is still possible that while your GF is not aware of symptoms a slight infection can be present.

The approach to take with a towel is that you need to pat dry the skin that is irritated as rubbing can potentially cause friction that can interrupt the normal healing process.

Can you explain a little more on what you mean by this:

" Maybe it's got to know that the the red dots are not flat "

• Edited

So after 3 days I think the red dots are more visible but in the same place. You can feel them with if you move your finger over them (this is what I meant with the sentence before) And I started to use a creme for a yeast infections. But my GF hast still no symptoms.

Thanks for your Answers, I'll try to keep you updated!

• Posted

any updates? ive had spots like this for ages and used clotrimazole and it keeps coming back, now just itchy and red around head

• Posted

after going through the same issue for months im here to tell you what it is and how to treat it! its your lucky day. Im here to revive this old post and bring some satisfaction to you and whoever reads this that is encountering the same issue. It is in fact Balanitis (yeast infection) or (Thrush) as some call it. You may have a white tongue as well, which was my case.. I gave oral sex as well as unprotected sex to a not so clean broad and developed the white tongue called Thrush and developed balanitis (yeast infection) on the penis tip as well. After getting blood work done and tested for every STD everything was negative. Months went by and I finally figured it out and how to treat it! I'm here to save you money and peace of mind! This is what you need, you need to make an appointment with your local Urologist and get him to prescribe you Diflucan (Fluconazole) which is a prescription you can only get from the doctor. To knock this thing out completely and to not worry about it coming back you need to take 150mg every 72 hours for the first 3 doses, then 150mg a week for at least 3 months. And that will assure that it's gone and won't come back. If your lady has it she needs to do the same. Your welcome.

• Posted

did it work

• Posted

after going through the same issue for months im here to tell you what it is and how to treat it! its your lucky day. Im here to revive this old post and bring some satisfaction to you and whoever reads this that is encountering the same issue. It is in fact Balanitis (yeast infection) or (Thrush) as some call it. You may have a white tongue as well, which was my case.. I gave oral sex as well as unprotected sex to a not so clean broad and developed the white tongue called Thrush and developed balanitis (yeast infection) on the penis tip as well. After getting blood work done and tested for every STD everything was negative. Months went by and I finally figured it out and how to treat it! I'm here to save you money and peace of mind! This is what you need, you need to make an appointment with your local Urologist and get him to prescribe you Diflucan (Fluconazole) which is a prescription you can only get from the doctor. To knock this thing out completely and to not worry about it coming back you need to take 150mg every 72 hours for the first 3 doses, then 150mg a week for at least 3 months. And that will assure that it's gone and won't come back. If your lady has it she needs to do the same. Your welcome!

• Posted

Markus! in the end it was balanitis? tell us!

• Posted

Well boys after going through the same issue for months im here to tell you what it is and how to treat it! its your lucky day. Im here to revive this old post and bring some satisfaction to you and whoever reads this that is encountering the same issue. It is in fact Balanitis (yeast infection) or (Thrush) as some call it. You may have a white tongue as well, which was my case.. I gave oral sex as well as unprotected sex to a not so clean broad and developed the white tongue called Thrush and developed balanitis (yeast infection) on the penis tip as well. After getting blood work done and tested for every STD everything was negative. Months went by and I finally figured it out and how to treat it! I'm here to save you money and peace of mind! This is what you need, you need to make an appointment with your local Urologist and get him to prescribe you Diflucan (Fluconazole) which is a prescription you can only get from the doctor. To knock this thing out completely and to not worry about it coWell boys after going through the same issue for months im here to tell you what it is and how to treat it! its your lucky day. Im here to revive this old post and bring some satisfaction to you and whoever reads this that is encountering the same issue. It is in fact Balanitis (yeast infection) or (Thrush) as some call it. You may have a white tongue as well, which was my case.. I gave oral sex as well as unprotected sex to a not so clean broad and developed the white tongue called Thrush and developed balanitis (yeast infection) on the penis tip as well. After getting blood work done and tested for every STD everything was negative. Months went by and I finally figured it out and how to treat it! I'm here to save you money and peace of mind! This is what you need, you need to make an appointment with your local Urologist and get him to prescribe you Diflucan (Fluconazole) which is a prescription you can only get from the doctor. To knock this thing out completely and to not worry about it coming back you need to take 150mg every 72 hours for the first 3 doses, then 150mg a week for at least 3 months. And that will assure that it's gone and won't come back. If your lady has it she needs to do the same. Your welcome.ming back you need to take 150mg every 72 hours for the first 3 doses, then 150mg a week for at least 3 months. And that will assure that it's gone and won't come back. If your lady has it she needs to do the same. Your welcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.