Help, what is this mark on my clitoris?

Edited , 4 users are following.

hi, so to start i have health anxiety and am a huge worrier

i have spoken to the doctor and have shown a picture but they say nothing to be concerned about however my mind will not rest:(

it looks like a cut but has been there a while, doesnt hurt unless i go pulling the hood back and poking and doesnt itch

google scared me further saying vulva cancer, im a big mess as its impossible to get checked:(

also have been tested before and all negative and my bf and i have been together 2 years, no other sexual partners & im only 21

such an anxious mess,cant eat or sleep☹

pic attached

image

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

  • Posted

    must stress it has been there for a while, has gotten smaller also

    could it be a mark from past trauma as i was raped and last year suffered trauma?

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      hi there. i am so sorry you experienced such a trauma.

      your picture shows an area that looks like there has been a deep scratch,

      by that i mean lifting of multiple layers of skin. this can take a very long time to fully heal

      in this area. think of what you wear on a daily basis that will continuously rub in that area, pantys, jeans etc.

      that may be a contributing factor to the time it is taking to heal. you can see by the surrounding area that it is indeed healing and in the right way, outside in. just try and be patient. check it in a month and likelihood is that it will be again smaller in size as it heals. however if it gets painful and swollen contact your gp again. take care x

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    GE, please dont worry. You have only found it by digging and delving...not a good plan.

    As you have no symptoms please try to ignore this and leave alone. Yes it could be from trauma or it may have been there when you were born. Stop thinking about cancer.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      thank you for your reply!! i have severe health anxiety and mental health issues after what had happened to me so its super hard not to panic, thank you again x

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

    update : can only see this now as a tiny dot and i have to really look for jt

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Health anxiety is a real b***h. I've suffered from OCD and health-related anxiety on and off for over 15 years, sometimes to the point of laying awake all night in anguish and wanting to die to make it stop.

    Health anxiety is about issues with handling uncertainty about a health issue. You worry that you have vulva cancer. I think you know with 99% certainty that you don't but the remaining 1% is killing you with worry. I know how you feel, and it sucks like hell.

    But if you stay in the anguish it will eventually go away, and your brain will tell you it's OK. That's the only way out of health anxiety. There is no way to be both 100% certain, and free. "To be free from anxiety you can't be certain". We have to choose to be certain enough and then accept the remaining uncertainty.

    For me, some kinds of uncertainty was just impossible for me to handle on my own. The fear was just too big, so my doctor got me started on anti-depressants (which is how you medicate against OCD) which has worked wonders for me.

    You will get through this s**t, and you will have peace again and you will be stronger than ever!

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up