help!! what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Please help I couldn't find an answer anywhere

I had a mean and painful bartholin abcess and had it lanced and packed

Then I went to the dr two days after where she pocked it again to get the remaining abcess and again yesterday (3 times)

There is still a small hard small lump there but the swelling and pain is reduced massively actually it's completely gone execpt pain when I touch this small lump

She said she might have to cut from the outside to get rid of this remaining deep hard pus as she described it

Quistions are...

If it's not that annoying and I finished my antibiotic is it ok to just leave it to go on it's own?

When can I get back to exercising and sex after the lancing?

I'm afraid the duct is still closed and gets swelled up again?

Can I start having sitz baths now after couple days of lancing?

Thank you so much..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh no, your doctor should have told you to take the sitz baths straight away!! I had mine lanced and I was told to pull out the wadding in the bath when got home, and that I had to have strong salty hot baths at least three times a day. Do it, and do it ASAP. It'll help healing and probably help drainage. 

Look up my previous posts on this forum. I wrote out my whole story of how I dealt with my chronic blocked duct. I had it non-stop for about 7 years, then had it swell up and get infected during my third pregnancy. I had it drained and then lanced during pregnancy and it came back 6 months later. 

I did lots of reading and discovered that many women who get the surgical procedures done get the cysts reoccurring, so I decided to treat it naturally. It's a system of sitz baths, hot compresses and diet changes created by a women who'd had the cysts a lot, and wasn't happy with the only option being surgery. 

I also took a supplement called Serrapeptase, a high quality iodine supplement, and consulted with my classically trained homeopath. The homeopathics really helped actually. I went onto the emergency dosage he prescribed and it burst within two hours. Many women mention serrapeptase, and I also read that a common cause of cysts in the body is iodine deficiency - hence the iodine supplement, which I still take now. 

• Posted

Oh and mine stayed as a small hard lump for a few weeks after it drained. Don't stress about it. Keep taking the baths several times a day and you'll see it start healing. 

Really you should also download the miracle method ebook too, just to give yourself as many options for treating it as possible. It's gotta suck to be going back time and time again for these painful interventions. 

Re sex, give yourself a month or more. It might be less for you, healing is so fast in that area that you might be fine really soon. I just found I was tentative with it for a long time afterwards. Exercise is actually meant to be good for it too. 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply & advice <3 i feel less anxious after reading it and now that i'm back to work i keep busy so i'm no longer sitting at home going nuts over the fear of recurrence and i noticed the lump getting softer is that a good sign?? ​  feel="" less="" anxious="" after="" reading="" it="" and="" now="" that="" i'm="" back="" to="" work="" i="" keep="" busy="" so="" i'm="" no="" longer="" sitting="" at="" home="" going="" nuts="" over="" the="" fear="" of="" recurrence="" and="" i="" noticed="" the="" lump="" getting="" softer="" is="" that="" a="" good=""> i noticed the lump getting softer is that a good sign?? ​ >
    • Posted

Sorry but each case is different, and I was told absolutely not to do any salt baths for a week because the wound was too raw.    Can you not write down your various questions and ask your doctor?    You shouldn't be trying to work out your own solutions, especially not so soon after the procedure.
    • Posted

I'm sorry Charlotte, but I had an obstetrician lance and pack mine, and he told me to go straight home and sit in a hot salt bath...I'd say it's a case of 'each to their own' rather than a hard and fast rule. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.