Help! What the heck is going on? Experience with Armour?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello fellow sufferers smile I am Hypo and was on Levothyroxine for several months and still wasn't feeling great even though I had normal numbers. I was switched to Armour since I wasn't feeling so great (still very tired) and was taking 60mg but my T4 free was still .75 so doc upped the armour to 90 mg and took another blood test several weeks later  and T4  is still .75! Why would it not be moving up despite my increasing the dosage by 30%? My doctor is puzzled. I take 2 hours before eating or having coffee. My TSH is 11.8 and my T3 is 2.7. Any one have experience. I just want my energy back!

Thanks!

Erin

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well, your TSH is too high at present, should be below 4. So if you had normal  numbers earlier that would seem to indicate that the armour is not working for you or you need to increase the dose.

One possible reason that the dosage increase has made no difference might be that your thyroid was helping before but now is not. That is a guess obviously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.