Help....why aches and soreness at almost 3 months?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hallo!   11 weeks 3 days post A/P with vaginal repair and hysterectomy.        

After having a lovely 3 weeks of no aches or gripes and feeling normal, yesterday and today I have tummyache gripes not unlike a few weeks after the op on and off.    It's enough to take Paracetamol.   I think I read that stitches are still inside for 3 months?  I was told I have 'really good stitches inside' so wonder how long they last for and do they still tighten up?

I thought i was through with this pain but it seems not 😏

I did go out for a 20 minute ride in the car two nights ago and sat for a further two hours in a restaurant before heading back for another 20 minute drive (I wasn't driving) but surely a 20 minute drive wouldn't bring on aching would it?    😜   Grrrrrrr

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello.. I am having cystocele/rectocele Surgery next Wednesday Jan. 24th 2018. I have a few questions as my pre o.o with my Dr. Is not until the day before.. How long until I can drive? Picking up my grandchildren as they are used to me holding them. What household duties I should not do. Is there a hospital stay. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.. oh..how long until sex.. I have a very good support with my husband my mother and my adult children. Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Kelly, I see you are due surgery in a couple of days.

Driving - we all feel ready to drive at different rates but you need to be able to make an emergency stop. If you want to drive before 8 weeks check with your insurance company you are covered.

I was in hospital one night. I think one to three is the norm.

I can back from theatre with a drop for fluids and pain relief and a bladder catgeter in situ.

I also had a vaginal gauze pack to reduce post op bleeding.

The next day the catheter was removed and the packing- that was a bit uncomfortable but ok.

I was then able to go home.

I started taking lactulose once a day a couple of days before surgery to avoid constipation post op and took it twice daily 15 mls er dose for a week then once a day for further ten days and then didn’t need it. If I get a day when I don’t open my bowels I take a dose before bed.

With your granny children please don’t lift them or anything else. No pushing, pulling or lifting. No making beds or dealing with heavy laundry and avoid bending. All these things out pressure on and load your pelvic floor risking failed surgery. Sit down and hug your grandchildren so you don’t need to lift them.

I wish you all the best. Remember you will be tired and need lots of rest.

I didn’t have much pain after the first couple of days when lying down but sitting was very uncomfortable for several weeks. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen 600mg twice a day. I am 11 weeks post op and still occasionally take a pain killer .

Let us know how you’re getting on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.