help why does mirtazapine make me feel more suicidal!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

well i need some advice im a marries woman on 27 3 kids and im feeling very depressed im having thoughts of killing myself im takeing 60mg of mirtazapine and have been for the last 5years.

there is a history of sizopherener in my family my dad killed him self to to his thoughts im just feel worried as the doctors has just given me amatriptaline as well and i dont feel didfrent at all please can any 1 help as im makeing my husbands and my kids life hell n i dnt want to hurt them when i kill myself . please help me !!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I thought that the bigest intake of mirtazapine was 45mg.

Maybe having the other anti dep [you didnt mention what dosage you are on ] is too much for you. I am on 15 mg of mirtazapine and 50mg of zolot [sertraline] when my dose of mirtazapine was increased it sent me west, [ i was adgitated and restless] so i went back to 15mg.

Go back and see your doctor, you can get help, dont give up, your family needs you. I know everything seems hard for you but please get help.

Let me know how you are, i will wait for your post. Take care for now. :wink:

• Posted

Charlie, please get more help. Have you ever been to any counselling. My ex-husband committed suicide, his mother was bipolar and honestly the devastation this caused, and still causes to my two children is horrific. My daughter has had to go on antidepressants at 14 years of age. I to suffer with depression but am on 15 mg mirtazapine. You can get through this. Talk to your husband who might not understand where all this comes from but at least he'l know how you feel. It always helps to talk. Please, please go back to your doctor and be very, very open and honest about how you feel. From what you have posted you are in deep depression and your doctor should be monitoring you very, very closely. Please go back and insist that your medication is looked at again. My ex's mother is on lithium for her depression. Go back and get more help please. Don't have your children growing up without the person that they love most!!!! x
  • Posted

hi charlie , like the others have said please dont give in to your thoughts please go back to your doctors and demand more help thats what there paid for , please dont ever give in to your thoughts i have them thoughts since i was 18 im now 31 and still here , im here because my family would be devastated if i took my own life , dont get me wrong ive hurt myself in ways i wont say because im not proud , but its your family who will be more hurt and devastated if any thing was to happen to you , im struggling very badly at the moment im off the mirtazapine and have been for a little time and im waiting for my doctor to put me on something else so at the moment i feel very fragile and alone even though theres people with me day and night , get help your family needs you , and you owe it to yourself to get through this , you deserve to get through this and you will with more help dont be embarrassed with your doctor tell him/her everything and go as often as you want to or need to it sounds like you have a nice family thats more than some people please get help and get back to us and let us all that have responded no how you get on , all the best Ricky x
  • Posted

hi there,

sorry to hear about your dad,

not sure if i can help you but i'll try if you want.

i have mixed drugs to find the right combination/dose for me.

are you up and down ?

chris

• Posted

Dear Charlie Wood please phone your psychiatrist or GP to arrange an emergency appointment straightaway. If those options are not soon enough go to your local casualty and ask to be seen by the duty psychiatrist. If you have serious suicidal intent then you need to be seen urgently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.