Help with a treatment for disseminated GA...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 60 year old female that has GA for 2.5 years. I have tried the following:

Humira ( (the rash returned about 6 month and I got drug induced Lupus as I stopped the drug)

Methotrexate (1 person, 33.33%)

plaquenil

Phototherapy

MSM

Diet: No Carbs or Sugar for 3 month. (I lost 12 pounds)

AuricularTherapy(accupressure)

The only thing that works is Prednisone but I can't stay on that.

Any suggestions?????

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy

First of all, that's great news on losing 12 lbs and having the will power to stay away from chocolate!  A lot of people are reporting good effects on staying off red wine or taking antihistamine tablets - but I would look at the side effects of taking them first.  I thought mine went by taking high strength vitamins and perhaps staying away from wheat.  I do think it's something we ingest that causes the problem.  I can't say for sure why mine went - only that it did (after years of the darn problem!)  Good luck and don't give up hope.  It's such a frustrating skin disorder to have! 

• Posted

Hi Lucy I am also 60 years old and have GA all over my body. I have for three years now. My doctor gave me steroid creams didn't work. I went on methodraxate for awhile. That was working but had to go off for awhile . Now I am trying diet. I really don't want to go back on methodraxate do to side effects. I have taking everything out of my diet. And it seems to be getting better. But it's only been two months. I have read that it can take up to six months to start seeing results. Mine is the kind that itches . At times it is horrible. I live in Florida and the sun makes it worse. So I am hoping and praying diet works. Good luck and at least we are losing weight from diet Lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.