Help with autoimmune disease symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been feeling unwell for 6 months now. Worsening fatigue, nausea, flu like symptoms that happen randomly, feeling cold and hot spells (without fever) joint aches and pains, malaise and a general sense of feeling unwell, dry brittle hair that breaks easily, weight loss despite normal appetite. No one I have seen has an idea what is causing all this. Suggestions welcome.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had thought it was Lupus for a while. I saw an endocrinologist who also suspects lupus so referred to rheumatology and dermatology. I also developed a sun allergy. Do you think Lupus too? It's so frustrating as i am unable to work now because of the flare ups which are more frequently.

• Posted

Sun allergy is an indicator of Lupus it can also help cause a flare up. Cover up or use 30 sunscreen for protection. Sensitivity to light is also an issue.

I also believe I have Lupus and my fingers hands toes and ankles are seriously making my life difficult with pain...

I'm waiting to see a Rheumatologist in August...

I hope you get your answers soon

• Posted

You could b e talking about almost anything from a Virus to a major issue. Have you seen your GP about this yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.