Posted , 6 users are following.
I am wondering whether anyone has any advice/suggestions that could help me with my chronic illness.
I am a 26 year old male in Australia, and have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, which I have been managing for over 2 years now. This diagnosis is by no means conclusive – I think it's just what doctors use to label this sort of illness when they don’t know what it is.
My symptoms include:
- sore eyes (ie mild burning, sore to move, sensitive to light);
- hot and cold flushes, and poor temperature regulation;
- fatigue and low energy;
- swollen glands under my chin and around my neck;
- mildly foggy vision; and
- other flu-like symptoms.
The things that tend to set off these symptoms include:
- lack of sleep (I usually need 9+ hours);
- physical activity / exercise (I have practically eliminated all exercise from my lifestyle); and
It is possible that my illness was initially triggered by blue-green algae exposure, but I have no previous illnesses or medical history of note.
I have seen a whole host of health professionals (including various GPs, a chronic fatigue specialist, naturopaths, a neurologist, an acupuncturist etc.) without any success. I have taken various forms of medications to try and treat this to no avail. I'm not taking anything currently.
If you have any information or advice that you think might help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much in advance!
1 like, 11 replies