Help with Citalopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I'm New to all this, I've been prescribed citalopram 10mg, I'm at present , have anxiety attacks which are petty severe at times, I'm also suffering insomnia, yet still scared of taking my first tablet, please can someone reinsurer me as until I feel confident I'll be unable to take my first dose, as had bad experience with amitriptyline which put me in hospital

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I felt the same and I will only be honest and say I am day four 20mg and feel a little out of it.  I have read the whole forum and everyone feels better after a few weeks.  Only you can decide what feels right for you but for me I couldn't.t feel any worse so took the plunge.   I hope you star to feel better soon.  
    • Posted

Thank You, Phyllis, that really does help, I was OK until the 4th of January , my Anxiety just switched on , so only had it for 2 weeks, it has been a rough ride, numerous visits to A&E

• Posted

I know it is tough.   Hang on in there.  Feel better soon. P 
  • Posted

Hi i also was put on 10mg cit just 6 days ago! I too was scared to take my 1st dose cause i read forems about peoples side effects and because of my anxsiety i thought i was goin to get all them side effects! But tbh my side effects were very mild. Got abit of nausea but nothing to bad i couldnt handle and was constantly feeling tiered. The 1st night takin a tablet i had a panic attack and iv not had one of them since being 8 years old! But thats the only one iv had. Iv been knocked out on a night sleepin to the point i havent even hurd my son crying so my patner has to wake me up by givin me a slight nudge. Im on day 6 and feel so much better im happier in myself more relaxed and im not panicing over everything. Hope this has reasured u a little bit. Keep me posted x
    • Posted

Thank You Lauren, it's making it much easier to Decide, I'm slowly getting my insomnia under control , I'm sure then I'll take my first dose
  • Posted

Hi Martin

I'm on day 9 and started to feel better the last few days.

I too read all the reviews and was a bit worried but kept it in my mind that after 7 days I should start to feel better with any side effects easing off.

Just keep that in your mind that you will eventually start to feel better.

Hope this helps you x

• Posted

Do not hesitate to take your citalopram! I too was afraid to take them when I started and eventually it was the best decision of my life! Let yourself 3-4 weeks to feel the positive effects of treatment. I'm sure you will not regret!
  • Posted

I was just wondering, what is the best time to take Citalopram, before bed or first thing in the morning, as I hear for some it can cause insomnia
    • Posted

Most n the forum say morning. I have been taking at night. I have disturbed sleep but am getting sleep.
  • Posted

I take mine in the morning at 8 am. I felt I bit spaced for a couple of hours after taking them for the first few days but that has ease now. I didn't deep the first night I took one but I don't have a problem any more xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.