Help with claiming private pension

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been unwell with fibromyalgia depression and anxiety for just over 12months.In truth my doctor and practice have been no help.I requested my contribution based private pension early.however my doctor( who i haven't been able to see for 1yr)filled in the pension form saying it was uncertain if i would be fot or not fit for work in the future.The medication i am on he wouldn't put down either has i have had to change several times.My pension providers were very sympathetic saying to come back at a later date.is ther any way i can bypass my doctor with this.I am finacially struggling relying on food bank. alison.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You should check the terms and conditions of your pension arrangement for details about how your scheme works and the options you have available.

In the meantime do you claim PIP or ESA? ESA is for those unable to work or who have a limited capability for work. For ESA you would need to have a sick/fit note from your GP during the assessment phase.

PIP is for those who have difficulties in daily life. This could be washing, dressing.undressing, cooking, preparing meals, taking medication, budgeting and mobility.

• Posted

Hi yes i have been on esa since dec 2015.I am waiting to attend my pip tribunal in two weeks.The terms state if i am unable to work long term i can receive my pension.My doctor didn't fill in any of my medication which i had to change and write it was hard for him to determine if i would be long term sickness.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry i have no idea about pensions so am unable to help with any advice. CAB would probably be the best place for you to go. Good luck with the PIP tribunal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.