Help with co codamol 30/500

Posted , 2 users are following.

i know I'm addicted & I can't approach my gp, so where else can I turn? Please the guilt of this is killing me

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise

You have made the 1st step in getting off them I would suggest going to your gp but you said you can don't mean to be nosey but why can't you go to him

• Posted

I don't trust him & im really worried he will judge me, I don't think he really understands addiction. There is no one else in the practice I can turn, this is why I have come here. Is it possible to get help without it going onto your records so to speak, I want to stop & I want help but I also want to keep it private if you understand
    • Posted

Hi Louise if you can't go the gp try what matron advised if you have to go it alone you could try tappering down reducing each week or cold turkey I went to my gp and he recommended cold turkey he gave me xanax to help with withdrawals and sleepers to help me sleep I'm not going to lie cold turkey was hard but I haven't touched codeine in 4 weeks now all my withdrawals are gone now and it feels good to be off it I feel good let me know what your going to do anything you need to ask let me know good luck with whatever way you try to get off them

Johnny

• Posted

Hi Jossie, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I am going to do some research for support groups close to my home. Well done for giving up and wish you all the best for the future. Can I ask you, at your worst home much where you taking a day?
    • Posted

Thanks Louise I'm from Ireland so I wasn't on Co codomol I was taken nurofen plus I was taken 20 to 30 tabs a day I know people who have been taken up to 90 a day it's not the codeine that does the damage it's the paracetamol and the ibrofen that can run your liver and that it took over my life for 2 yrs but the thought now of taken one doesn't appeal to me how many you taken a day and how long have you been taken them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.