Help with constant headaches please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi , I am a 27yo male and for the past 4 weeks I have had a deep dull ache right above my right eye on my forehead radiating through to the back of my head almost straight through. I have no nasal congestion other than when I wake up but this quickly clears, my headaches are not sever and are never worse at any time more than others they are just nagging and constant , from time to time in the day they will move to above the left eye and behind both eyes , to describe my headache it's a constant weight like its easier to let my head fall back and level pain with a pulse every now and then , my eyes have also become extremely sensitive to light and are burning all day long, I dot know if its related but I noticed more and more tinnitus before this started and this has continued when I'm in a quiet room , when I lie down at night they go away and do not disturb my sleep at all and I wake up with them gone ,but after an hour or so they come back and don't leave till bed time again , I have worries myself sick recently and have thought the worst and when people talk about the future I am subdued and can't be happy as I'm worrying I may not see it , I have two young girls and I am despererate for someone to maybe shed light on anything they can . My doctor says rhinitis or sinusitis and gave me be onside nasal spray and cetrizine tablets.I would also like to note that when my mind is occupied talking to someone or watching tv or playing sport these headaches go away and return when I stop and think . It's just not like me and I never have anything wrong with me or headaches other than one migraine every few months , please I am worried this is a Brain Tumor , is this the symptoms ??????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi dazza I would have thought a good move would be to start with a trip to the optician.
  • Posted

Thanks , I have done an eye test and this came back 12% above average , these headaches started purely in my forehead but have changed in the last few days to include the back of my head where joins the neck, I can't work out if it is my forehead or back or temples, like right now it is aching away but when my phone rang they disappeared until I came back to doing nothing .
  • Posted

My head feels like it weighs a tonne sometimes and my hearing has diminished slightly with a real heaviness on my ear
  • Posted

Hmm Do You have any allergies?Part of Your original post sounds as if You do and I think We have in the last 4 weeks or so come into the pollen season
  • Posted

My doctor did suggest this although up until this year I have never had hay fever or any allergies , I take my little ones horse riding once a week and only in the last year I have noticed anytime after being there I sneeze and hae itchy eyes and wheezy breathe, I have never had this with horses till now , can it be the same with hay fever ? , it's like someone's put a switch on and it's there every day, it's mostly worse around 6-7pm?
  • Posted

I understand people can grow into it as well as out of it.Sneezing, itchy eyes,head aches are some of the syptoms.Pollen counts are highest in mornings and evenings I believe.You might want to dicuss antihistamines with Your chemist.They can work well
  • Posted

Ye my doctor gave me cetrizine and I have been taking that along with beconase Since Friday and I don't feel any different if anything it's worse , thanks for your responses
  • Posted

Thats OK .Perhaps some one else can chime in here.Good Luck Sir!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.