Help with diagnosis what should i do know

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my history,started with vague upper abdoman pains 3 years ago morning after had a drink, I can still have pain with no alcohol, but alcohol does trigger it i think - usually within 48 hours. Lots of upper gas/gurggling/ & bloating every now and then (no pattern with alcohol. All my liver funtion tests have been in range, had a Liver U/S and MRI completed -showed fatty liver and two small "Inconsequential" lesions. Fibroscan all normal. I then had endoscopy that showed mild gastritis. I have been presribed the usual omperazole for 3 months and now a different stronger type (begins with P) but same sort of thing, with Gaviscon. Nearly at end of these and no difference to symptoms. I have drank very little the last three years and regulary go 3 months without touching a drop. My pain is more worrisome than painful. Sometimes hurst to lie on right side. Pain is more upper right and middle. Does anyone else relate to these symptoms or had a diagnosis. Anyone know if I should ask for more tests (they say I have had them all) and if so what. My only other condiition is underactive thyroid. Thanks everyone

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i will advise you to stop taking alcoholic drinks for now abstain from it totally
  • Posted

Well one doesn't need to drink. I quit 10 years ago and don't miss it. I would just stop that because alcohol does make gastritis worse. You need to heal and you should be on Omiprasole for life. I am and it helps. It sounds like they did a good job screening you for problems so try not to worry. I have pain like that and I have Crohn's disease. That doesn't mean you have it but it may be a good idea to have a colonoscopy to ensure there is no inflamation in your colon. Hang in there Lucy you will be fine just keep following your doctors advice.
    • Posted

Thank you, you are right, I also have occasional heavy/headache pain in back passage(sorry!!) and stools that sometimes have groves in them (like a flake!!! Sorry again!!!! I've never mentioned it cos u darent tell them there is anything else!

• Posted

Thank you, you are right, I also have occasional heavy/headache pain in back passage(sorry!!) and stools that sometimes have groves in them (like a flake!!! Sorry again!!!! I've never mentioned it cos u darent tell them there is anything else!

• Posted

Well I know, I am the same way. I didn't tell my Urologist that I am having bone pain in my hip and pelvis as I am scared they will want to biopsy my prostate. My follow up visit I will come clean. they really can't help you if you keep some symptoms from them. I have been through many Colonoscopies and they are not all that bad as they usually sedate you. If they feel you need it get it done. Inflamation in the colon can cause cancer to develope. It is very treatable if caught early. It is not wise of me to be witholding information from my doctor. I am really scared as the symptoms can be prostate cancer. Don't be like me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.