Help with diarrhea‎

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried Lepicol for the diahrrea ? its a fiber supplement and contains probiotics i take it twice daily and it as helped me alot.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Is it prescribed or can we get it from the pharmacy? Xxx
  • Posted

You can get it from health food shops like Holland and Barratt and i think Amazon sell it, you mix  it with water and take it at least half an hour . before a meal or sprinkle it on cereal,i mix it with my porridge on a morning but cool it down with milk  1st as the heat would kill the probiotic,hope it helps you.
  • Posted

Not that one, Yvonne, because I live in Poland.  But I was suffering from a flare up and my doctor here switched up my probiotics and also gave me an antispasmodic with simethicone to help with my gassy tummy.  I'm a lot better with these.
  • Posted

Hi Yvonne, I've only had the diarrhoea as a result of taking Laxido which the doctor prescribed to stop me getting bowel infections.  I'm yo-yoing between constipation (& risk of infection) to acute diarrhoea & wind.  I'm interested in anything that provides an increase in fibre to keep me 'regular' with causing me highly embarrassing stomach upsets. 
    • Posted

Hi

Never heard of it here in Canada. Would be good to try.

Vivian

• Posted

Lepicol Is the best thing i have taken for the diahrrea which has been my main problem,the nurse at my GP told me about it i take it everywhere with me. 
    • Posted

Hi yes right sided pain is more common than they like you to believe Must be then because bowel can flop over to right colon be bladder. My pain is under right near the bladder My pain under my rib to top stomach .At one time January my doctor thought a lower sixth rib fracture. from a fall.! However ended up in hospital July flare up. The pain killers had taken lining off my stomach that with the Omzaprazole I hadn't anything wrong with my osephgous. Had I not been taken off the gastric team consultant Dec 2014 discharged me from his care as could nor find reason for my right sided pain. (Joke not) I wouldn't be where I'm now as in found to have chronic dervicular desease by CT scan September under. my new consultant. Yes discharged by previous consultant as my CT scan said dervicular desease and was saying normal for my age at 69 year's and only dirviculosis lol. Ps I have just read the enormous BENIFITS OF DRINKING . COCONUT WATER. So I'm off to get a couple cartoons from supermarket or Holland and Barrat.! I have started a new discussion on it the vitamins and BENIFITS FROM DRINKING. Re. Being Dehydrated. other.
  • Posted

I have been given Colofac by my doctor my consultant suggested it u til I see her November 3 rd it helping at moment with the pain cramps and a toothache pain in my side and top stomach under my right lower rib cage. I seem to have on right I have never had pain on left I must have right sided dervicular desease. It's more unusual because Asian people. and Eastern nationalities have on the right plus polish people I can only assume there must be a blip in my DNA as my grandmother siblings great grandmother born in India and otherwise my mother side ancestry discovered Polish Jews living in Denmark. Personally I think diseases run in family's My mum's brother has and my sister. Also your bowel can flop over to the right-hand your colon can stick to your bladder forming a fixture or asessions causing pain. Sorry for boring lecture but may help someone realise not always on left sided pain.
    • Posted

The pain i have is  normally in my right side even though the colonoscopy revealed the divi in my left side.I also have a stitch like pain under my right rib at times,i didnt think this was related to the divi.
  • Posted

Sorry for mistakes in page I hate predictive text meant adesions or a fixture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.