Help with dietary advise

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had stomach and bowel issues for around 18 years and am finally having enough. When I tried to get help from the doctor he said that dietitians were mumbo jumbo and he wouldn't refer me. I am going to try with probiotics and apple cider vinegar to get my gut healthy as I can't lose weight and the idea is to get that sorted which might help with the weight. I am 48 and perimenopausal. Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Think you need a new doctor. If you have had stomach and bowel problems for that long they should have investigated - and obviously this one doesn't know the difference between a dietician and a "nutritionist". Dieticians are qualified experts in food-related problems of all sorts. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist.

Have you tried low carb to help deal with the weight problem?

• Posted

Hi no not a low carb one but I am looking at food combining again. I had an issue with acid about the years ago and I followed a diet like that and I remembered being quiet good with it. Just got some tablets with bacteria in so going to see if that helps of not going to go back to doctor
  • Posted

Have you been checked for vitamin B12 and Folate deficiencies as long term "tummy troubles" can adversely affect absorption of these leading to neurological symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.