Help with I b s pain and constipation

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi 

suffered from I b s for 18 years had 2 operations 11 years ago to remove adhesions from my bowel and lately really been suffering again terrible pain nd constipation, don't feel hungry as pains so awful help anyone else suffer like this 

thank you 

natasha 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I dont no if this will help as I dont suffer myself but I have a freind who suffers badly with constapation and alot of dicomfort due to ibs and she has found that drinking some sort of Chinese tea is the onky think that really helps it make her go to the toilet like almost normal and because of this she is in less discomfort. If you think this may help I can get the type of tea for you and let you know.

• Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Posted

I follow the low fodmap diet, so not wheat, dairy, fructans (onions and garlic in particular) and fructose.....give it a try. Stick to meat and veg and plain rice, potatoes and gluten free pasta and bread and lots of berries. xx Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Agnes, when not following diet I suffer gr continuous nausea, I feel like I have swellings in my intestines in various places and not like bloating and feel pale and unwell with dreadful low down spasms x x I have mainly identified milk, cream, bread for more than a day or two and onion as the main culprits x any help appreciated x x 
    • Posted

I should add I was initially treated with lanzprozsle and came off it as it's not acid related x also stool test identified aero hydrophila which may have caused the damage but I will never know as symptoms improved with diet before I was treated for it but it did sort out nausea x x been 2 years now and one on fodmap x 
    • Posted

It depends on what it is based on. My low fodmap diet has been really beneficial and if I stick to it rigidly, I have no symptoms at all. The issue comes with re-introduction. Even the tiniest bit of cream gives me nausea and pain the next day. Bread also causes this. Onions cause the swellings and indigestion and slow down of the bowel. I still eat a varied diet of loads of fish and meat and veg and berries as well as gluten free pasta, almond milk and soya yogert and ice-cream as well as curry with coconut milk and rice of course. I have tried half an onion in a 4 person meal and it seems not too bad, but raw makes me poorly for a week. Very difficult to determine exactly what and how much as it is not immediate symptoms. Does any of this sound familiar? I'm sure it has been caused by the bug I had and left my intestines damaged. I was thinking of trying enzymes to help and already take 10Million pro biotic acidiphilus tablets. I don't take acid tablets anymore.
    • Posted

Hi, I am 47, 5 ft 6, 9 stone 11lbs. Generally in good health apart from slightly panicky and anxious at times and so worry about health x take 20mg duloxotine which keeps it at bay it tends to be circumstantial x I have gluten free seeded bread with lacto free butter and coffee with almond milk, banana, chicken and salad or gluten free wrap and soya yogert for lunch, fruit in afternoon, occasional crisps and gluten free cake, chiili or bologneise with Turkey mince or beef mince and tomatoes and herbs and half an onion or none and peppers,  salmon, jacket potato or rice or gluten free pasta for dinner and fruit or yogert. Wine at weekends and maybe scrambled egg and bacon and mushrooms x meals out tend to be steak or salmon with chips and prawns to start,  and sorbet x 
    • Posted

I love fruit!!! I dislike lamb and soup very difficult without onions which give me tummy ache and spasms! This seems much more restrictive! 
    • Posted

I only eat bananas and berries others give me tummy ache. How do you make your soup? I don't have any symptoms on my fodmap and don't take any drugs for my intestines apart from acidophilus. Was considering glutamine though. What is your daily diet? Do you have any treats or alcohol?
    • Posted

The posts in this nested thread have been deleted as the user was spamming the site with advertising for a book.

Alan

Emis Moderator

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up