Help with lab work!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need some help figuring out my lab results

TSH is 1.45 (range is .40-4.50)

Free T4 1.0 (range is .8-1.8)

Ferritin 106 (range is 10-154)

Iron total 60 (range is 40-190)

Thyroglobulin antibodies <1 (range is <1)

Also had an ultrasound done and my right love measures 5.4cm and my left side measures 5.3cm. I was told it is "heterogeneous enlarged thyroid"

Not sure if this is all normal or not?

Are my antibodies high or normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To me.. all your blood work looks good except your ultrasound.  An enlarged heterogeneous thyroid is most likly caused by either graves disease or hashimoto's.  Hashimoto's is more common,  Also, yes your Tgab are in the normal range, but there is one more antibody test for Hashimoto's.  It is TPO antibody test and it is actually the one that it mostly positive for those who have hashimoto's.  So, from here, I would ask your doctor for the Tpo antibody test, beacuse of your rnlarged thyoid.  As for your other test results all looks good.  Your Tsh is good also, which, if you end up having Tpo antibodies, could remain normal for years before your thyroid is damaged enough to see thoses changes.  I'm sure others will be here soon to help and give you more info then I can.  Best wishes..

• Posted

Thank you for your advise. I've been through the ringer with doctors. Knowone wants to do any testing or bloodwork. I've been to 3 doctors and this is as far as I've gotten. Basically my answer is just sit and wait for things to get worse.

• Posted

Yes.. that is actually the guidelines for Hashimoto's.  If your lucky, you may be able to find a doctor to give you thyroid meds if your symptomatic.  If your not having any symptoms, then there is nothing the doctors can do for you but just wait... until your thyoid is destroyed enough to cause hypothyroidism, then treat you.

• Posted

The worst part is, I actually have a ton of hypo symptoms and they still won't do anything. All I hear is, things are not right but they aren't bad enough to do anything yet. So frustrating knowing something isn't right and knowone will listen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.