Help with menopause non HRT

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, can anyone advise on over the counter products that may help with hair thinning, night sweats, dryness etc that do not contain Iodine ?? I have an underactive thyroid so cannot take Menopace, just need something to help me until I can see my Consultant, am having so many sleepless nights and finding it all such a struggle, can anyone advise please. Am 11 months post Oophorectomy, hysterectomy 20 years ago, all was fine until last op, and surgical menopause is no fun.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi lou. The only thing I can recommended is good old HRT
    • Posted

Thank you Matron, yes I agree with you - was just looking for something to tide me over until I get appointment with Consultant, looks like GP has a problem with it, well they,re not living with it !
    • Posted

Yes GP's often do. Usually the men!
    • Posted

Oh so true, swivveling in their chairs frowning, uuugghhh seems like us poor women are really up against it, and all hubby says is " when can we do it !!!! " . Absoloutley NO idea have they. I despair.
    • Posted

The answer to hubby by the way is NEVER !
    • Posted

Lol. You describe them so well! Honestly in this day & age you'd think GP's in particular would have more up to date views. Some of them are still stuck in the 1950's and 60's. It's our body for goodness sake. They prescribe codeine and similar drugs like giving a child sweets but huff & puff when you ask for HRT!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.