Help with mood

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please please could anyone help me, I'm weaning off Venlafaxine and I'm down to 37.5 a day and it's now noticeable that by 5 or 6 o'clock my mood becomes very very dark and I'm unbearable to even talk to, is there anything I could take that would help me calm down (no alcohol) ! Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I got some capsules from Holland and Barrett called lemon balm. They help with withdrawal and help keep you calm. I'm now halving the tablets so take these at about tea time. Find they help me xx
    • Posted

Thank you Elaine, you're a life saver 😀 I'm feeling a tad better now had dinner and trying to watch a film (finding it difficult to concentrate)
  • Posted

Hi there,

I'm having my Venlafaxine reduced again next week from 75mg+37.5mg in the AM 37.5mg in the PM to just 75mg in the AM and 37.5mg in the PM. I think I'm doing ok considering what others are going though but I have heightened anxiety lately which I think is due down to reduction and I've been trying to find supplements to help this. I will try the Lemon Balm and I've also heard mentioned Vitamin B complex, 5HTP caps and rhodiola. However I'm worried about these negatively affecting the Ven, I can't find any information on whether or not I'm ok to take them. I need something though because like you the evenings are the worst time.

• Posted

The lemon balm capsules I take don't interfere with the veneflaxin. I work on a ward and asked the pharmacist. They are herbal but there not like St. John's wart. You can't take those with the Ven. Xx
  • Posted

Aww that's brill! I'm going to buy some tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity, are the tablets big? Lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.