Help with my wife’s fibromyalgia fog

Posted , 9 users are following.

Someone please help! My wife has had Fibromyalgia/ME/CFS for 4 years. She is in a flare up I think, she has been very dopey and sleeping almost constantly for 3 days. If I wake her she is so confused, I am so worried, she doesn’t know what day it is. She is in pain but I don’t know if getting an ambulance in this snow is an over reaction. Does anyone here know of Fibro Fog being so bad that someone is severely confused, struggling to communicate, falling asleep constantly. Please help, I can’t get her into an ambulance in this tonight as I think it might make her worse.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My fibro fog gets pretty bad. Worse the pain is the worse it is.i also have the problem of keeping awake. Body just feels worn down.

If she doesn't begin showing signs of improvement, trip to ER/doc wouldn't hurt

• Posted

Thanks very much, I will call a Doctor again in the morning. I appreciate your help 
  • Posted

I would get her some medical attention Jeremy. It could be something else at play here. That does not sound like Fibro Fog. Try perhaps going to a nearby clinic. If not don’t hesitate to call an ambulance. 
    • Posted

Thanks very much for your reply, I am keeping an eye on her while she sleeps, I think you might be right as I fear her pneumonia has returned.
  • Posted

You need to take her to a ER or doctor's office to rule out any other possible reasons causing her symptoms. But I can share some of my symptoms similar as your wife having now. I have fibro for ten years, the symptoms have been off and on without any specific trigers. Currently, I have been in this "long" flare (started 4 months ago). My symptoms are: drowsyness, (feels like I have narcolepsy), extram fatigue, muscles weakness/soreness, lost interest to anything....During the last 4 months, I spent the most time on my bed. I went a ER once and saw a few doctors, but all the tests results were normal...now I am still suffering without any where to turn. 

• Posted

Hi, how kind of you and others to reply on here. I will get the Doctor over tomorrow as it’s midnight and we have thick snow. It is a great help hearing from you and I am sorry you too have this cruel illness. The only thing is that everyone will get better to a certain extent but in the meantime it’s a curse. Thank you once again for your reply.
  • Posted

I do experience brain fog 

But not to that extent 

Make sure your wife is well hydrated 

And would probably ring an out of hours dr for advice 

Hope she feels better real soon 

• Posted

Hi Jane, thank you very much. Some sound advice, it’s hard keeping her hydrated when it’s a struggle to wake her but I am trying. You and others here are nice, kind people and it’s so generous of you to give up some time and love to a stranger.
  • Posted

Hi Jeremy. I am the same when I have a flare up but a call to the doc will do no harm. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.