Help with nausea

Posted , 8 users are following.

one of the MANY symptoms I get with perimenopause is nausea, it is always worst first thing in the morning and when I lie in bed at night. Does anyone else find this happens and can anyone offer any advice to help. I find i am frequently sucking on a mint just to help with this but I know that's not the best long term solution.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi , yes when I was peri i got the nausea in the morning. It was like morning sickess. The only thing that really stopped it was by eating something. I still get it occasionally ,but not badly. I went off tea and coffee when pregnant and if I had the nausea when peri I couldn't drink tea or coffee or I'd be sick. I could later in the day though. Weird.

• Posted

Hi Ruth...

Ditto everything that Jackie said!

The coffee, tea, mint...everything.

It will lessen over time.

• Posted

Ginger gum has been a lifesaver for me. You can buy it at CVS. It is near the anti nausea (motion sickness) meds.
  • Posted

Dear Ruth

Yes I experienced nausea in peri mainly in the mornings, I dont think tea or coffee helps either! We get more reflux in peri (it doesnt help witha hiatas hernia in my case) and when lying flat at night in bed the reflux can cause havoc including nausea. Best not to eat too late at night and perhaps consider raising the top part of your bed up abit ( I have wooden blocks) x

• Posted

Hi, yes I get this.  I've had to prop pillows up and bought one of those v shaped pillows and sleeping like this has become a lot more comfortable with it, use two pillows and then the v pillow and what I do is put the two long bits of the v pillow around me before I lie back, that way it cradles you,  if that makes sense, lol.  so comfy. and Ginger tea, cooled before bed works for me.  Powdered magnesium is also great for calming the whole system too.  Anything is worth a try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.