Help with Pityriasis Rosea !

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone! Last Sunday night after working out, I noticed an itchy patch right on my left inner thigh. I thought that maybe it was poison ivy, so I went to my pcp and he confirmed it was. He gave me a steroid cream 3x a day. I made a dermatologist appointment the next day just in case. They also said poison ivy. Gave me 20 mg prednisone for a week. Well, it kept spreading and getting itchy so on Friday I went back to my pcp. He then said it wasn't poison ivy but instead PR. He told me to continue the steroid cream and just wait it out. I have another dermatologist appt tomorrow morning. I went and bought head and shoulders, emergen-c, l-lysine, and ordered prreeze off amazon. I also plan to sunbathe today for a good 20 minutes. Is there anything else I can do? I feel ugly and itchy. I really want to get rid of this rash ASAP so I can go back to my normal life. As of right now, I am riddled with anxiety and feeling very depressed.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i know how you feel you'll do anything to get rid of this nasty pr.

but you just have to ride it out. i was trying everything and prreze cream was my last choice. i was really skeptical about it because jar and labeling looked so cheap. but for me it worked. not sure if it was the cream or it healed it self because it was already 3-4weeks into my pr.

but it will go away.

• Posted

i sat in the sun for 20 mins today and when i went inside after it was so red and itchy!!! but its already looking drier and it is less itchy? i dont know. probably getting too excited.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have PR, I found that going in the ocean was the best thing to do, it feels like it’s burning for about 10 minutes after but the next day it definitely showed signs of improvement for me. The itchiness is the worst at 3 to 4 weeks as the skin peels, by five weeks mine was nearly all gone unfortunately, I don’t think there is anything that can speed the process up, it’s just time. AS I said Previously try the ocean the salt water worked for me leave the salt water on your body for as long as possible. I also used sorblean cream when the skin was peeling all over my body it relieved me from itching especially at night I also used head and shoulders as an all over body wash plus i took an antihistamine every day. Good luck with everything hang in there it will go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.