Help with progesterone cream

Posted , 11 users are following.

I just ordered an all natural progesterone cream from Amazon. I wanted to reach out and see if any of you wonderful ladies had any suggestions, tips or advice. Thank you :-)

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim, I just started using it! The nateral path I go to recommend it!! I was told to use twice a day!! Hoping it helps!!! 
    • Posted

I hope so too for both of us! I'm a man perimenopause and I am over with the moodiness, night sweats, and extra weight I'm gaining around the middle. Keep me posted on how it's working for you and I'll do the same :-)

• Posted

That should say "I am in perimenopause" lol

• Posted

Hi there, which cream is it? If you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi kim 

I tried the ‘emeritas ‘ cream and it was really good ... not sure if that’s the one you ordered ? 

• Posted

Yes! I'd also like to hear about the ladies experiences with them. I just started using one about a month ago "Anna's wild yam cream". I'm not sure if it's related but my moods and anxiety have improved. My fibromyalgia is still the same so far and so is my sleep. A few other highly little symptoms are also still unchanged. But early days yet, so hopefully they improve too. May I ask which cream you purchased?

• Posted

Not sure how the "highly" got in there hahaha just supposed to say other symptoms

• Posted

I ordered an oil that has wild yam extract and other essential oils in it.  It’s $39.00 or so, and I’ve already ordered it three times and it keeps my hot flashes away and helps with all my menopausal symptoms so I love it. I don’t think I’m allowed to say what the name of it is on here so if you want the name you can privately message me.   Now the only time I get a hot flashes when I forget to put on my oils
    • Posted

Oh ok, it’s Progessence Plus, And I order it from Young living so if you’d like to order it with my discount private message me and I will give you my member number, if not just go to Young living and order it retail but you will love it well actually I love it and it helps with hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and mood swings.

• Posted

Karatemom44  That oil was given to me by a younger friend but I'm a little afraid to try it since she had a negative reaction. Where do you apply yours? How much and how often? What exactly are your results? I look forward to hearing back from you!! :-) 

• Posted

Thanks karatemom

I just came back from the drs and found out that I’m sensitive to progesterone ... it literally made me ill ! So now going on just estrogen only for a few months and adding progesterone after that .... I may be able to add something that’s over the counter though as it’s not as strong as the prescription . The over the counter one I didn’t have a bad effect from so I’ll definitely give the one you mention a shot .

• Posted

I was taking oral Prometrium which is bio identical progesterone and now I have a higher risk for breast cancer due to sales changing after I took the medication
    • Posted

One of the problems with oral prometrium is that it's in a peanut oil base. I think that's why some women notice weight gain. Also, it's going through your liver. Now one can argue that even anything on your skin will be going through your whole body thus affecting the liver, but I think it might be best to keep the progesterone out of your digestive system altogether. If you have to take oral progesterone, make sure you are getting one that is compounded in a special pharmacy without all the additives like prometrium. Your doctor can prescribe this but many gyn's will give you a hard time about it. Stand firm.

I've been using natural progesterone cream regularly for a few months now. Make sure you get one that has USP progesterone in it, not just wild yam, if you want it to work effectively. Also look for one with no parabens!

So far I feel like my symptoms have been lessening. I skipped a cycle, and then this month got a normal period, albeit lasting a few days shorter than it used to. I stopped using the cream for the few days of the cycle. Now I started again. I've been only using once a day and put it on my inner thighs or inner arms. A trick a hormone doctor told me to do is to put the cream on your wrist to rub in, that way you won't be washing it off your hands later. I like to use it at night before bed after showering.

• Posted

Do you use it every day ? I have an over the counter one and wasn’t sure of the schedule on how to use it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.