Help with prolactinoma/rathke cleft cyst and headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Need some advice. Since last year I was diagnosed with either an 8mm prolactinoma or rathke cleft cyst. The consultant is not sure. I have been taking cabergoline weekly which brought my prolactin levels down quickly and all the side effects from the that went very quickly. My issue now is that I am getting persistent headaches. I wake up to it and has been going for 3 weeks now. It varies in severity and is always centred at the front of my forehead, mainly around my right side but does stretch across. Even if I take some OTC meds it is still there when they ease off. On about half of these days I have also been experiencing a sudden shooting pain in the right side of my head that makes me stop and hold my head for a moment. It only lasts a few seconds but is happening once or twice a day then I don't get it for a few days. It is now affecting my work. Phoned my consultant and she just got her receptionist to phone me back saying I should see the gp as it can't be linked to the mass. Im waiting for appt now.

Really not happy with how I have been managed through this consultant and currently thinking about requesting to change as had a catalogue of issues with her with misdiagnosis and other errors.

My main question is should I be worried about these headaches and has anybody experienced the same thing? I understand my mass is small in the grand scheme of things it's just getting unbearable now. Am fed up of being messed about.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, with all the drugs i have taking that has to do with issue of high polatin i think der side effect are mostly headic what you only need to do is to be taking the drugs only when you want to sleep at night that is d best way out

• Posted

You don't have a tumor on your pituitary gland? That's what caused mine for 30 years! Wish you well because headaches suck! Ask your doctor about Botox injections.

• Posted

I would ask for an MRI so you and your doctor can see what the size of the tumor is and if it  pressing on something. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.