Help with recovery from ruptured Achilles tendon

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently ruptured my Achilles tendon on holiday and am 2 weeks into my recovery(conservative treatment). I am currently in a CAM boot and will be for another 5 weeks or so. Can anyone help with advise as to what trousers can be worn over this large cumbersome thing

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was lucky that when I was in the aircast boot this time I could wear shorts as it was summer. I did have plenty jogger bottoms that stretched over it and also some jeans which were wider at the bottom. Not sure if you’re male or female but female - leggings so you can wear them under the boot? 
    • Posted

I'm male Scottie lol. My problem is getting top of trouser leg over hinge on boot

• Posted

Are you allowed to take the boot off at all? If so put the trousers on then fold so it’s at the front of the boot? Think you may be stuck in joggers for a little while though 👎🏼

• Posted

No mate don't think I am . Looks like some new joggers!!!!!

• Posted

That’s where I was lucky. once i’d had the surgery and the cast removed I was allowed to go into boot and could take it off to shower. 
    • Posted

How soon were you allowed to start exercising and what were you allowed to do ?
  • Posted

I am 6 months post Achilles tendon operation. When I wore a cam boot, it was a case of putting my trousers on and on the cam boot side rolling trouser leg to my knee and then putting the cam boot on. That was the only way I could do it. If you have a couple of pair of trousers you are not that bothered with then you could cut the inside seem to the knee so they fall over the cam boot.
    • Posted

Thanks Margaret. Might try that with an old pair of jeans. I've not had operation as the doctor I saw advised against. So hopefully I'll heal well

• Posted

Hi , im 3 months into my non op treatment . How is yours going ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.